The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each Fluid Ounce)
Permethrin 280 mg (1%)
Treats head lice
For external use only
Do Not Use
- On children under 2 months of agenear the eyesinside the nose, ear, mouth, or vaginaon lice in eyebrows or eyelashes. See your doctor.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Are
Allergic to ragweed. May cause breathing difficulty or an asthmatic episode.
When Using This Product
- Keep eyes tightly closed and protect eyes with a washcloth or towelif product gets into the eyes, immediately flush with large amounts of waterscalp itching or redness may occur
Stop Use And See A Doctor If
- Breathing difficulty occurseye irritation occursskin or scalp irritation continues or infection occurs
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Inspectall household members should be checked by another person for lice and/or nits (eggs)use a magnifying glass in bright light to help you see the lice and nits (eggs)use a tool, such as a comb or two unsharpened pencils to lift and part the hairlook for tiny nits near the scalp, beginning at the back of the neck and behind the earssmall sections of hair (1-2 inches wide) should be examined at a timeunlike dandruff, nits stick to the hair. Dandruff should move when lightly touched.if either lice or nits (eggs) are found, treat with Nix® Creme RinseTreatwash hair with a shampoo without conditioner. Do not use a shampoo that contains a conditioner or a conditioner alone since this may decrease the activity of Nix®. Rinse with water.towel dry hair so it is damp but not wetshake the bottle of Nix® wellcompletely saturate the hair and scalp with Nix®. Begin to apply Nix® behind the ears and at the back of the neck.keep Nix® out of the eyes. Protect the eyes with a washcloth or towel.leave Nix® on the hair for 10 minutes, but no longerrinse with warm watertowel dry hair and comb out tanglesif live lice are seen seven days or more after the first treatment, a second treatment should be givenRemove Lice/Nitsremove nits by combing the hair with the special small tooth comb provided. Remaining nits may be removed by hand (using a throw-away glove), or cutting the nits out.use the nit comb provided and make sure the hair remains slightly damp while removing nitsif the hair dries during combing, dampen it slightly with waterpart the hair into 4 sections. Work on one section at a time. Longer hair may take more time (1-2 hours).start at the top of the head on the section you have pickedwith one hand, lift a 1-2 inch wide strand of hair. Get the teeth of the comb as close to the scalp as possible and comb with a firm, even motion away from the scalp to the end of the hair.use clips to pin back each strand of hair after you have combed out the nitsclean the comb completely as you go. Wipe the nits from the comb with a tissue and throw away the tissue in a sealed plastic bag to prevent the lice from coming back.after combing, recheck the entire head for nits and repeat combing if necessarycheck the affected head daily to remove any nits that you might have missed
- Read all the directions in the Consumer Information Insert and warnings before use. Keep the carton. It contains important information.store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
Balsam canada, cetyl alcohol, citric acid, FD&C yellow no. 6, fragrance, hydrolyzed animal protein, hydroxyethylcellulose, polyoxyethylene 10 cetyl ether, propylene glycol, stearalkonium chloride, water, isopropyl alcohol, methylparaben, and propylparaben
* Please review the disclaimer below.