The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Dist. by: Reckitt Benckiser, Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224Made in England
Otc - Purpose
Active ingredients (in each caplet) Mucinex SINUS-MAX DAYPurposesAcetaminophen 325 mgPain relieverGuaifenesin 200 mgExpectorantPhenylephrine HCl 5 mgNasal decongestant
Active ingredients (in each caplet) Mucinex SINUS-MAX NIGHTPurposesAcetaminophen 325 mgPain relieverDiphenhydramine HCl 12.5 mgAntihistamine/cough suppressantPhenylephrine HCl 5 mgNasal decongestant
Mucinex Sinus-Max Day
- Temporarily relieves: nasal congestionheadacheminor aches and painssinus congestion and pressuretemporarily promotes nasal and/or sinus drainagehelps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
Mucinex Sinus-Max Night
- Temporarily relieves: nasal congestionheadacheminor aches and painssinus congestion and pressurerunny nosesneezingcoughtemporarily promotes nasal and/or sinus drainage
- This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:more than 12 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amountwith other drugs containing acetaminophen3 or more alcoholic drinks daily while using this product
- Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:skin reddeningblistersrashIf a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do Not Use
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.with any other product containing diphenhydramine, even one used on the skin (NIGHT only)if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- Liver diseaseheart diseasediabeteshigh blood pressurethyroid diseasetrouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate glandglaucoma (NIGHT only)a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis (NIGHT only)persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysemacough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
- Taking the blood thinning drug warfarintaking sedatives or tranquilizers (NIGHT only)
When Using This Product
- Do not use more than directedexcitability may occur, especially in children (NIGHT only)marked drowsiness may occur (NIGHT only)alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness (NIGHT only)avoid alcoholic drinks (NIGHT only)be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery (NIGHT only)
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurpain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 daysfever gets worse or lasts more than 3 daysredness or swelling is presentnew symptoms occurcough comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- Do not take more than directed (see Overdose warning)do not take more than 12 caplets in any 24-hour periodadults and children 12 years of age and older: take 2 caplets every 4 hourschildren under 12 years of age: do not use
- Store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
Inactive Ingredients (Mucinex Sinus-Max Day Only)
Croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, FD&C red no. 40 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow no. 6 aluminum lake, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, talc, titanium dioxide
Inactive Ingredients (Mucinex Sinus-Max Night Only)
Croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, FD&C blue no. 1 aluminum lake, FD&C blue no. 2 aluminum lake, ferric oxide yellow, methacrylic acid – ethyl acrylate copolymer (1:1) type A, mica, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, sodium bicarbonate, talc, titanium dioxide
1-866-MUCINEX (1-866-682-4639)You may also report side effects to this phone number.
* Please review the disclaimer below.