The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Dist. by: RB Health (US) Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224
Otc - Purpose
Active ingredients (in each 20 mL)PurposesAcetaminophen 650 mgPain reliever/fever reducerDextromethorphan HBr 20 mgCough suppressantTriprolidine HCl 2.5 mgAntihistamine
- Temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms: coughminor aches and painssore throatheadacherunny nosesneezingitching of the nose or throatitchy, watery eyes due to hay fevertemporarily reduces fevercontrols cough to help you get to sleep
- This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:more than 4000 mg in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amountwith other drugs containing acetaminophen3 or more alcoholic drinks daily while using this product
- Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:skin reddeningblistersrashIf a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore Throat Warning
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do Not Use
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- Liver diseaseglaucomatrouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate glanda breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitispersistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysemacough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
- Taking the blood thinning drug warfarintaking sedatives or tranquilizers
When Using This Product
- Do not use more than directedexcitability may occur, especially in childrenmarked drowsiness may occuralcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsinessavoid alcoholic drinksuse caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 daysfever gets worse or lasts more than 3 daysredness or swelling is presentnew symptoms occurcough comes back, or occurs with fever, rash, or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children.
Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- Do not take more than directed (see Overdose warning)do not take more than 4 doses in any 24-hour periodmeasure only with dosing cup provideddo not use dosing cup with other productsdose as follows or as directed by a doctoradults and children 12 years of age and older: 20 mL in dosing cup provided every 4 hourschildren under 12 years of age: do not use
- Each 20 mL contains: sodium 16 mgstore at 20-25°C (68-77°F)do not refrigerate
Ammonium glycyrrhizate, anhydrous citric acid, ascorbic acid, edetate disodium, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, flavors, glycerin (soy), propylene glycol, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucralose, triacetin, triethyl citrate, water, xanthan gum
1-866-MUCINEX (1-866-682-4639)You may also report side effects to this phone number.
* Please review the disclaimer below.