The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Dist. by: Reckitt Benckiser, Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224 Made in England
Otc - Purpose
Active ingredients (in each caplet) Mucinex FAST-MAX DAY TIME Severe Congestion & CoughPurposesDextromethorphan HBr 10 mgCough suppressantGuaifenesin 200 mgExpectorantPhenylephrine HCl 5 mgNasal decongestant
Active ingredients (in each caplet) Mucinex FAST-MAX NIGHT TIME Cold & FluPurposesAcetaminophen 325 mgPain reliever/fever reducerDiphenhydramine HCl 12.5 mgAntihistamine/cough suppressantPhenylephrine HCl 5 mgNasal decongestant
- Temporarily relieves (DAY TIME only)cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritantsthe intensity of coughingnasal congestion due to a coldhelps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive (DAY TIME only)temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms (NIGHT TIME only):coughminor aches and painsheadachenasal congestionsore throatrunny nose and sneezingtemporarily reduces fever (NIGHT TIME only)controls cough to help you get to sleep
Liver Warning (Night Time Only)
- This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:more than 12 caplets in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amountwith other drugs containing acetaminophen3 or more alcoholic drinks daily while using this product
Allergy Alert (Night Time Only)
- Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:skin reddeningblistersrashIf a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore Throat Warning (Night Time Only)
If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do Not Use
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist. (NIGHT TIME only)with any other drug containing diphenhydramine, even one used on the skin (NIGHT TIME only)if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Otc - Ask Doctor
- Ask a doctor before use if you haveliver disease (NIGHT TIME only)heart diseasediabeteshigh blood pressurethyroid diseasetrouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate glandglaucoma (NIGHT TIME only)breathing problems such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis (NIGHT TIME only)persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysemacough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Otc - Ask Doctor/Pharmacist
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you aretaking the blood thinning drug warfarin (NIGHT TIME only)taking sedatives or tranquilizers (NIGHT TIME only)
When Using This Product
- Do not use more than directedexcitability may occur, especially in children (NIGHT TIME only)marked drowsiness may occur (NIGHT TIME only)alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness (NIGHT TIME only)avoid alcoholic drinks (NIGHT TIME only)be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery (NIGHT TIME only)
Otc - Stop Use
- Stop use and ask a doctor ifnervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occursymptoms do not get better within 7 days or occur with a fever (DAY TIME only)pain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days (NIGHT TIME only)fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days (NIGHT TIME only)redness or swelling is present (NIGHT TIME only)new symptoms occur (NIGHT TIME only)cough comes back, or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Overdose Warning (Night Time Only)
Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- Do not take more than directed (see Overdose warning)do not take more than 12 caplets in any 24-hour periodadults and children 12 years of age and older: take 2 caplets every 4 hourschildren under 12 years of age: do not use
- Store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
Inactive Ingredients (Mucinex Fast-Max Day Time Severe Congestion & Cough)
Croscarmellose sodium, FD&C blue no. 2 aluminum lake, FD&C red no. 40 aluminum lake, methacrylic acid-ethyl acrylate copolymer, mica, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol 3350, polysorbate 80, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone K29/32, sodium bicarbonate, talc, titanium dioxide
Inactive Ingredients (Mucinex Fast-Max Night Time Cold & Flu)
Croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C blue no. 2, ferric oxide yellow, methacrylic acid – ethyl acrylate copolymer (1:1) type A, mica, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycols, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone K29/32, sodium bicarbonate, talc, titanium dioxide
1-866-MUCINEX (1-866-682-4639)You may also report side effects to this phone number.
* Please review the disclaimer below.