The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Omeprazole USP, 20 mg
- Treats frequent heartburn (occurs 2 or more days a week)not intended for immediate relief of heartburn; this drug may take 1 to 4 days for full effect
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to omeprazole
Do Not Use If You Have:
- Trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stoolsheartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadednesfrequent chest painThese may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have:
- Had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburnunexplained weight lossnausea or vomitingstomach pain
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
- Taking a prescription drug. Acid reducers may interact with certain prescription drugs.
Stop Use And Ask Doctor If:
- Your heartburn continues or worsensyou need to take this product for more than 14 daysyou need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 monthsyou get diarrhea you develop a rash or joint pain
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222)
- For adults 18 years of age and olderthis product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 daysit may take 1 to 4 days for full effect; some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours14-Day Course of Treatmentswallow 1 tablet with a glass of water before eating in the morningtake every day for 14 daysdo not take more than 1 tablet a daydo not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor swallow whole. Do not chew or crush tablets Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed)you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 monthsdo not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctorchildren under 18 years of age: ask a doctor. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
- Read the directions and warnings before usekeep the carton. It contains important information.store at 20 to 25°C (68 to 77° F) and protect from moisture
Ammonia solution, ammonium hydroxide, carnauba wax, hypromellose acetate succinate, hypromellose, iron oxide black, lactose monohydrate, monoethanolamine, n-butyl alcohol, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, propylene glycol, red iron oxide, sodium stearate, sodium starch glycolate, shellac glaze, sodium lauryl sulphate, sodium stearyl fumarate, talc, titanium dioxide, triethyl citrate, yellow iron oxide
* Please review the disclaimer below.