The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Diclofenac sodium (NSAID*) 1% *nonsteroidal anti‑inflammatory drug
Inactive ingredients: Carbomer Homopolymer Type C, Coco-Caprylate/caprate, Isopropyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil, Polyoxyl 20 Cetostearyl Ether, Propylene Glycol, Purified Water, Strong Ammonia Solution
Arthritis pain reliever
- For the temporary relief of arthritis pain ONLY in the following areas: hand, wrist, elbow (upper body areas) foot, ankle, knee (lower body areas) this product may take up to 7 days to work for arthritis pain; it is not for immediate relief. If no pain relief in 7 days, stop use
- For external use onlyAllergy alert: Diclofenac may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin.Symptoms may include: • hives • asthma (wheezing) • skin reddening • blisters • facial swelling • shock • rashIf an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.Liver warning: This product contains diclofenac. Liver damage may occur if you applymore or for a longer time than directedwhen using other drugs containing diclofenacStomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is small but higher if youare age 60 or olderhave had stomach ulcers or bleeding problemstake a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drugtake other drugs containing prescription or non-prescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this productapply more or for longer than directedHeart attack and stroke warning: NSAIDs, except aspirin, increase the risk of heart attack, heart failure, and stroke. These can be fatal. The risk is higher if you use more than directed or for longer than directed.
Do Not Use
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever or to a fever reducerfor strains, sprains, bruises or sports injuries. This product has not been shown to work for these types of injuries.right before or after heart surgery on more than 2 body areas at the same timein the eyes, nose or mouth
Ask A Doctor Before Use If
- You have problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducersstomach bleeding warning applies to you you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburnyou have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, kidney disease, asthma, or had a strokeyou are taking a diureticyou are under age 18 years. It is not known if this drug works or is safe in children under age 18 years.
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
- Under a doctor’s care for any serious conditiontaking any other drug
When Using This Product
- Avoid contact with eyes, nose, or mouth if eye contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Pain gets worse or lasts more than 21 days redness or swelling is present in the painful areafever occurs skin irritation occursany new symptoms appear. These could be signs of a serious condition.you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleedingfeel faint have bloody or black stools vomit blood have stomach pain that does not get betteryou have symptoms of heart problems or strokechest pain trouble breathingleg swellingweakness in one part or side of body slurred speech
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding
Ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use this product during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Use up to 21 days unless directed by your doctorNot for strains, sprains, bruises or sports injuries. This product has not been shown to work for these types of injuries.DailyPer DoseFor your arthritis pain:Use 4 times per day every dayDo not use on more than 2 body areas at the same timeUse ENCLOSED DOSING CARD to measure a doseFor each upper body area (hand, wrist, or elbow) – Squeeze out 2.25 inches (2 grams)For each lower body area (foot, ankle or knee) –Squeeze out 4.5 inches (4 grams)Read the enclosed User Guide for complete instructions:use only as directeddo not use more than directed or for longer than directedapply only to clean, dry skin that does not have any cuts, open wounds, infections or rashesdo not apply in same area as any other productdo not apply with external heat such as heating pad do not apply a bandage over the treated areastore ENCLOSED DOSING CARD with your Diclofenac Sodium Topical Gel, 1% Arthritis Pain. The dosing card is re-usable.
- Store at 20-25oC (68°F - 77°F). Keep from freezing. read all product information before using. Keep the dossing card, the carton and accompanying User guide for important information.Inactive ingredientsCarbomer homopolymer Type C, cocoyl caprylocaprate, ispropyl alcohol, mineral oil, polyoxyl 20 cetostearyl ether, propylene glycol, purified water, strong ammonia solution.Question and comments 1-888-375-3784
* Please review the disclaimer below.