The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredients (In Each 5 Ml)
Dextromethorphan HBr 5 mgGuaifenesin 100 mgPhenylephrine HCl 2.5 mg
Cough suppressantExpectorantNasal decongestant
- Helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to drain bronchial tubes and make coughs more productivetemporarily relieves:cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a cold or inhaled irritantsthe intensity of coughingthe impulse to cough to help your child get to sleepnasal congestion due to a coldstuffy nose
Do not use in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI)(certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If The Child Has
- Heart diseasehigh blood pressurethyroid diseasediabetespersistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthmacough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
When Using This Product
- Do not use more than directed
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Your child gets nervous, dizzy or sleeplesssymptoms do not get better within 7 days or occur with fevercough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious illness.keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a poison control center right away.
- Do not take more than 6 doses in any 24 hour periodmeasure only with dosing cup provideddo not use dosing cup with other productsdose as follows or as directed by a doctor AgeDose children 6 years to under 12 years 10 mL every 4 hours children 4 years to under 6 years 5 mL every 4 hours children under 4 years do not use
- Each 5 mL contains: potassium 5 mg, sodium 5 mgstore between 15-30oC (59-86oF)do not refrigeratedosing cup provided
Citric acid anhydrous, D&C red 33, dextrose, edetate disodium, FD&C blue 1, FD&C red 40, flavor, glycerin, methylparaben, potassium sorbate, propyl gallate, propylene glycol, propylparaben, purified water, saccharin sodium, sodium hydroxide, sorbitol solution, sucralose, xanthan gum
1-800-824-1706 Monday - Friday 9am-4pm MST. You may also report side effects to this phone number
*Compare to the active ingredients in Children's MUCINEX® Multi-symptom coldChildren's Multi-symptom Cold ReliefDextromethorphan HBr / Cough suppressantGuaifenesin / ExpectorantPhenylephrine HCl / Nasal decongestantRelieves:Stuffy Nose, Cough, Chest CongestionThins and Loosens MucusFor Ages 4-12 YearsVer Berry Flavor4 FL OZ (118 mL)
* Please review the disclaimer below.