NDC 68134-801 Urea
NDC Code 68134-801-01
Package Description: 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC in 1 CARTON / 28.35 g in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC
NDC Code 68134-801-03
Package Description: 85 g in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC
NDC Code 68134-801-07
Package Description: 198.4 g in 1 BOTTLE, PLASTIC
What is NDC 68134-801?
The NDC code 68134-801 is assigned by the FDA to the product Urea which is a human prescription drug product labeled by Palmetto Pharmaceuticals Inc.. The product's dosage form is cream and is administered via topical form. The product is distributed in 3 packages with assigned NDC codes 68134-801-01 1 bottle, plastic in 1 carton / 28.35 g in 1 bottle, plastic, 68134-801-03 85 g in 1 bottle, plastic , 68134-801-07 198.4 g in 1 bottle, plastic . This page includes all the important details about this product, including active and inactive ingredients, pharmagologic classes, product uses and characteristics, UNII information and RxNorm crosswalk.
What are the uses for Urea?
Urea is used to treat dry/rough skin conditions (e.g., eczema, psoriasis, corns, callus) and some nail problems (e.g., ingrown nails). It may also be used to help remove dead tissue in some wounds to help wound healing. Urea is known as a keratolytic. It increases moisture in the skin by softening/dissolving the horny substance (keratin) holding the top layer of skin cells together. This effect helps the dead skin cells fall off and helps the skin keep more water in.
What are Urea Active Ingredients?
An active ingredient is the substance responsible for the medicinal effects of a product specified by the substance's molecular structure or if the molecular structure is not known, defined by an unambiguous definition that identifies the substance. Each active ingredient name is the preferred term of the UNII code submitted.
- UREA 400 mg/g - A compound formed in the liver from ammonia produced by the deamination of amino acids. It is the principal end product of protein catabolism and constitutes about one half of the total urinary solids.
Which are Urea UNII Codes?
The UNII codes for the active ingredients in this product are:
- UREA (UNII: 8W8T17847W)
- UREA (UNII: 8W8T17847W) (Active Moiety)
What is the NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk for Urea?
RxNorm is a normalized naming system for generic and branded drugs that assigns unique concept identifier(s) known as RxCUIs to NDC products.The NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk for this produdct indicates multiple concept unique identifiers (RXCUIs) are associated with this product:
- RxCUI: 198342 - urea 40 % Topical Cream
- RxCUI: 198342 - urea 400 MG/ML Topical Cream
Which are Urea Inactive Ingredients UNII Codes?
The inactive ingredients are all the component of a medicinal product OTHER than the active ingredient(s). The acronym "UNII" stands for “Unique Ingredient Identifier” and is used to identify each inactive ingredient present in a product. The UNII codes for the inactive ingredients in this product are:
- CARBOMER INTERPOLYMER TYPE A (55000 CPS) (UNII: 59TL3WG5CO)
- PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3)
- CETYL ALCOHOL (UNII: 936JST6JCN)
- GLYCERYL MONOSTEARATE (UNII: 230OU9XXE4)
- DIMETHYL ISOSORBIDE (UNII: SA6A6V432S)
- PETROLATUM (UNII: 4T6H12BN9U)
- SODIUM HYDROXIDE (UNII: 55X04QC32I)
- WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R)
- XANTHAN GUM (UNII: TTV12P4NEE)
- MINERAL OIL (UNII: T5L8T28FGP)
* Please review the disclaimer below.
We have moved the product label and warning information to a dedicated page, please follow the link below:View Product Label