The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Otc - Active Ingredient
Active Ingredient: Brompheniramine maleate 1 mg (in each 5 mL = 1 tsp) Active Ingredient: Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 15 mg (in each 5 mL = 1 tsp)Active Ingredient: Dextromethorphan hydrobromide 5 mg (in each 5 mL = 1 tsp)
Otc - Purpose
Purpose of Brompheniramine maleate: AntihistaminePurpose of Pseudoephedrine hydrochloride: Nasal DecongestantPurpose of Dextromethorphan hydrobromide: Cough Suppressant
Indications & Usage
- Uses temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation occurring with a cold, and nasal congestion due to the common cold, hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies, or associated with sinusitis temporarily relieves symptoms due to hay fever (allergic rhinitis): runny nose sneezing itchy, watery eyes itching of the nose or throat temporarily restores freer breathing through the nose
Do not use in children under 6 years of age
Otc - Do Not Use
Do not use if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Otc - Ask Doctor
- Ask a doctor before use if you haveheart disease high blood pressure thyroid disease diabetes glaucoma trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus) a breathing problem or persistent or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, emphysema, or chronic bronchitis
Otc - Ask Doctor/Pharmacist
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers
Otc - When Using
- When using this product do not use more than directed marked drowsiness may occur avoid alcoholic beverages alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsines be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery excitability may occur, especially in children
Otc - Stop Use
- Stop use and ask a doctor if you get nervous, dizzy, or sleeplesssymptoms do not improve within 7 days or are accompanied by fever cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Do not take more than 4 doses in any 24-hourAdults and children 12 years and over20 mL (4 tsp) every 4 to 6 hoursChildren 6 years to under 12 years10 mL (2 tsp) every 4 to 6 hoursChildren under 6 yearsDO NOT USEOther informationeach tsp contains: sodium 2 mgStore at room temperature 20°-25°C (68°-77°F).
Citric acid, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, glycerin, grape flavor, propylene glycol, saccharin sodium, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol, water.
Made in USAfor Qualitest Pharmaceuticals130 Vintage DriveHuntsville, AL 35811
* Please review the disclaimer below.