NDC 68788-7594 Alprazolam
|Color(s)||WHITE (C48325 - WHITE TO OFF-WHITE) |
|Shape||OVAL (C48345) |
|Size(s)||9 MM |
NDC Code 68788-7594-2
Package Description: 20 TABLET in 1 BOTTLE
NDC Code 68788-7594-3
Package Description: 30 TABLET in 1 BOTTLE
NDC Code 68788-7594-6
Package Description: 60 TABLET in 1 BOTTLE
NDC Code 68788-7594-9
Package Description: 90 TABLET in 1 BOTTLE
What is NDC 68788-7594?
The NDC code 68788-7594 is assigned by the FDA to the product Alprazolam which is a human prescription drug product labeled by Preferred Pharmaceuticals Inc.. The product's dosage form is tablet and is administered via oral form. The product is distributed in 4 packages with assigned NDC codes 68788-7594-2 20 tablet in 1 bottle , 68788-7594-3 30 tablet in 1 bottle , 68788-7594-6 60 tablet in 1 bottle , 68788-7594-9 90 tablet in 1 bottle . This page includes all the important details about this product, including active and inactive ingredients, pharmagologic classes, product uses and characteristics, UNII information and RxNorm crosswalk.
What are the uses for Alprazolam?
Alprazolam is used to treat anxiety and panic disorders. It belongs to a class of medications called benzodiazepines which act on the brain and nerves (central nervous system) to produce a calming effect. It works by enhancing the effects of a certain natural chemical in the body (GABA).
What are Alprazolam Active Ingredients?
An active ingredient is the substance responsible for the medicinal effects of a product specified by the substance's molecular structure or if the molecular structure is not known, defined by an unambiguous definition that identifies the substance. Each active ingredient name is the preferred term of the UNII code submitted.
- ALPRAZOLAM .25 mg/1 - A triazolobenzodiazepine compound with antianxiety and sedative-hypnotic actions, that is efficacious in the treatment of PANIC DISORDERS, with or without AGORAPHOBIA, and in generalized ANXIETY DISORDERS. (From AMA Drug Evaluations Annual, 1994, p238)
Which are Alprazolam UNII Codes?
The UNII codes for the active ingredients in this product are:
- ALPRAZOLAM (UNII: YU55MQ3IZY)
- ALPRAZOLAM (UNII: YU55MQ3IZY) (Active Moiety)
Which are Alprazolam Inactive Ingredients UNII Codes?
The inactive ingredients are all the component of a medicinal product OTHER than the active ingredient(s). The acronym "UNII" stands for “Unique Ingredient Identifier” and is used to identify each inactive ingredient present in a product. The UNII codes for the inactive ingredients in this product are:
- LACTOSE MONOHYDRATE (UNII: EWQ57Q8I5X)
- MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE (UNII: OP1R32D61U)
- SODIUM STARCH GLYCOLATE TYPE A CORN (UNII: AG9B65PV6B)
- HYDROXYPROPYL CELLULOSE (1600000 WAMW) (UNII: RFW2ET671P)
- SODIUM LAURYL SULFATE (UNII: 368GB5141J)
- MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30)
What is the NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk for Alprazolam?
RxNorm is a normalized naming system for generic and branded drugs that assigns unique concept identifier(s) known as RxCUIs to NDC products.The NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk for this produdct indicates multiple concept unique identifiers (RXCUIs) are associated with this product:
- RxCUI: 308047 - ALPRAZolam 0.25 MG Oral Tablet
- RxCUI: 308047 - alprazolam 0.25 MG Oral Tablet
Which are the Pharmacologic Classes for Alprazolam?
A pharmacologic class is a group of drugs that share the same scientifically documented properties. The following is a list of the reported pharmacologic class(es) corresponding to the active ingredients of this product.
* Please review the disclaimer below.
Alprazolam is used to treat anxiety disorders and panic disorder (sudden, unexpected attacks of extreme fear and worry about these attacks). Alprazolam is in a class of medications called benzodiazepines. It works by decreasing abnormal excitement in the brain.
* Please review the disclaimer below.
We have moved the product label and warning information to a dedicated page, please follow the link below:View Product Label