The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Otc - Purpose
Active ingredients (in each 5 mL = 1 tsp)PurposeCodeine phosphate, USP 10 mgCough SuppressantGuaifenesin, USP 100 mgExpectorantPseudoephedrine HCl, USP 30 mgNasal Decongestant
- Temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a coldtemporarily relieves nasal congestion due to the common coldtemporarily restores freer breathing through the nosehelps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productivecalms the cough control center and relieves coughing
Otc - Ask Doctor
- Ask your doctor before use if you haveheart diseasehigh blood pressurethyroid diseasediabetestrouble urinating due to enlarged prostate glandcough that occurs with excessive phlegm (mucus)cough that lasts or is chronic such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
Do Not Use
- In a child under 2 years of ageif you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.if you or your child has a chronic pulmonary disease or shortness of breathif your child is taking other drugs, unless directed by a doctor
When Using This Product
- Do not use more than directedmay cause drowsinessconstipation may occur or be aggravated
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- You get nervous, dizzy, or have trouble sleepingcough lasts more than 7 days, comes back or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of the reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Do not exceed 4 doses in any 24 hour period.Attention: A special measuring device should be used to give an accurate dose of this product to children under 6 years of age. Giving a higher dose than recommended by a doctor could result in serious side effects for your child.Adults and children 12 years of age and over:2 tsp (10 mL) every 4 hours, or as directed by a doctor.Children 6 to under 12 years of age:1 tsp (5 mL) every 4 hours, or as directed by a doctor.Children under 6 years of age:Consult a doctor.
Each tsp (5 mL) contains 3 mg sodium.Store at controlled room temperature 15°-30°C (59°-86°F).You may report side effects by calling 1-888-848-3593 or FDA at 1-800-FDA-1088.
Alcohol, caramel flavor, cherry flavor, citric acid, FD&C red #40, glycerin, menthol flavor, potassium citrate, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium saccharin, sorbitol 70% solution.
* Please review the disclaimer below.