The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each Capsule)
*Omeprazole delayed-release capsules 20 mg (equivalent to 20.6 mg omeprazole magnesium)
- Treats frequent heartburn (occurs 2 or more days a week)not intended for immediate relief of heartburn; this drug may take 1 to 4 days for full effect
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to omeprazole
Do Not Use If You Have
- Trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizziness chest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadedness frequent chest painThese may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- Had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition. frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburnunexplained weight lossnausea or vomiting stomach pain
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If
- You are taking:warfarin, clopidogrel or cilostazol (blood-thinning medicines) prescription antifungal or anti-yeast medicines diazepam (anxiety medicine)digoxin (heart medicine)tacrolimus or mycophenolate mofetil (immune system medicines) prescription antiretrovirals (medicines for HIV infection) methotrexate (arthritis medicine)
Stop Use And Ask Doctor If
- Your heartburn continues or worsensyou need to take this product for more than 14 daysyou need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 monthsyou get diarrhea
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- For adults 18 years of age and older this product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 days it may take 1 to 4 days for full effect; some people get complete relief of symptoms within 24 hours 14- day Course of Treatmentswallow 1 capsule with a glass of water before eating in the morningtake every day for 14 days do not take more than 1 capsule a daydo not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctorswallow whole. Do not chew or crush capsules. Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed)you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 monthsdo not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctorchildren under 18 years of age: ask a doctor. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
- Read the directions and warnings before usekeep the carton. It contains important information.store at 20-25°C (68-77° F) and protect from moisture
Black iron oxide, dibasic calcium phosphate, gelatin, glyceryl monostearate, hypromellose 3 cps, magnesium oxide, magnesium stearate, methacrylic acid copolymer dispersion, methacrylic acid copolymer Type B, microcrystalline cellulose, polysorbate 80, potassium hydroxide, propylene glycol, red iron oxide, shellac, silicon dioxide, sodium lauryl sulphate, sugar spheres, talc, titanium dioxide, triethyl citrate
Tips For Managing Heartburn
- Do not lie flat or bend over after eatingDo not wear tight-fitting clothing around the stomachDo not eat before bedtimeRaise the head of your bedAvoid heartburn-causing foods such as rich, spicy, fatty or fried foods, chocolate, caffeine, alcohol and certain fruits and vegetablesEat slowly and avoid big mealsIf overweight, lose weightQuit smoking
Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsules, 20 Mg*, 14-Count Carton Label
CVS HealthCompare to the active ingredient in Prilosec OTC®**Treats Frequent Heartburn!Occuring 2 or more days a weekOmeprazole DELAYED-RELEASE CAPSULES 20 mg* Acid reducer14 CAPSULES (SAFETY SEALED)One 14-day course of treatment
Omeprazole Delayed-Release Capsules, 20 Mg*, 14-Count Bottle Label
CVS HealthTreats Frequent Heartburn!Occuring 2 or more days a weekOmeprazoleDELAYED-RELEASE CAPSULES 20 mg*Acid reducer14 CAPSULES (SAFETY SEALED) One 14-day course of treatment
* Please review the disclaimer below.