FDA filings in the form of structured product labels are documents that include all published material associated whith this product. Product label information includes data like indications and usage generic names, contraindications, active ingredients, strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredients (In Each Tablet)
Acetaminophen 325 mg
Chlorpheniramine maleate 2 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- temporarily relieves:
- runny nose
- minor aches and pains
- sore throat
- temporarily reduces fever
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen: Severe liver damage may occur if
- adults take more than 12 tablets in 24 hours
- child takes more than 5 doses in 24 hours
- taken with other drugs containing acetaminophen
- adult has 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
- skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do Not Use
- with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask A Doctor Before Use If The User Has
- difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
- liver disease
- a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If The User Is
- taking sedatives or tranquilizers
- taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When Using This Product
- excitability may occur, especially in children
- alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- use caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
- drowsiness may occur
- avoid alcoholic beverages
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- pain gets worse or lasts more than 5 days (children 6 to under 12 years) or 10 days (adults)
- new symptoms occur
- fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
- redness or swelling is present
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
do not take more than directed
|adults and children 12 years and over||2 tablets every 4 to 6 hours; do not take more than 12 tablets in 24 hours |
|children 6 to under 12 years||1 tablet every 4 to 6 hours; do not take more than 5 tablets in 24 hours|
|children under 6 years||ask a doctor|
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF OUTER PACKAGE IS OPENED OR BLISTER IS TORN OR BROKEN
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
- store at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted between 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
corn starch, crospovidone, FD&C red #40 aluminum lake, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, silicon dioxide, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
Principal Display Panel
Compare to the active ingredients
in Coricidin® HBP Cold & Flu*
ACETAMINOPHEN - Pain reliever/Fever reducer
CHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE - Antihistamine
For People with
High Blood Pressure
•Body aches & pains
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PACKAGE IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER UNIT IS TORN,
BROKEN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
*This product is not manufactured or distributed by Bayer
HealthCare LLC, owner of the registered trademark
Coricidin® HBP Cold & Flu. 50844 ORG051769209
Distributed by: CVS Pharmacy, Inc.
One CVS Drive, Woonsocket, RI 02895
© 2017 CVS/pharmacy
CVS.com® 1-800-SHOP CVS
Money Back Guarantee
* Please review the disclaimer below.