The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredients In Daytime (In Each Softgel)
Acetaminophen 325 mg Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg Guaifenesin 200 mgPhenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Active Ingredients In Nighttime (In Each Softgel)
Acetaminophen 325 mg Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg Doxylamine succinate 6.25 mgPhenylephrine HCI 5 mg
Purpose For Daytime
Pain reliever/fever reducerCough suppressantExpectorantNasal decongestant
Purpose For Nighttime
Pain reliever/fever reducerCough suppressantAntihistamineNasal decongestant
- DAYTIMEtemporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptomsheadachenasal congestionsore throatcoughminor aches and painshelps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive temporarily reduces feverNIGHTTIMEtemporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptomscoughheadacheminor aches and painssore throatnasal congestionrunny nose and sneezingcontrols cough to help you get to sleeptemporarily reduces fever
- DAYTIME and NIGHTTIMELiver warning: These products contain acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
- With other drugs containing acetaminophen
- 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this productAllergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include: skin reddeningblistersrashIf a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right awaySore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do Not Use
- DAYTIME and NIGHTTIMEwith any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- DAYTIMEliver diseasediabeteshigh blood pressureheart diseasethyroid diseasetrouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate glanda persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysemacough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)NIGHTTIMEliver diseasediabeteshigh blood pressureheart diseaseglaucomathyroid diseasetrouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate glanda breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysemacough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
DAYTIMEtaking the blood thinning drug warfarinNIGHTTIMEtaking the blood thinning drug warfarintaking sedatives or tranquilizers
When Using This Product,
- DAYTIMEdo not use more than directedNIGHTTIMEdo not use more than directedexcitability may occur, especially in childrenmarked drowsiness may occur
- Avoid alcoholic drinks
- Alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
- Be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- DAYTIME and NIGHTTIMEnervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessnesspain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 daysfever gets worse or lasts more than 3 daysredness or swelling is presentnew symptoms occurcough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These coukld be signs of a serious condition.
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
DAYTIME and NIGHTTIMEask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
DAYTIME and NIGHTTIMEOverdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose can cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- DAYTIMEdo not take more than directed (see Overdose warning)do not take more than 12 softgels (Daytime and NightTime) in any 24-hour periodadults and children 12 years of age and older: take 2 softgels every 4 hourschildren under 12 years of age: do not usewhen using other Daytime or Nighttime products, carefully read each label to ensure correct dosingNIGHTTIMEdo not take more than directed (see Overdose warning)do not take more than 12 softgels (Daytime and Nighttime) in any 24-hour periodadults and children 12 years of age and older: take 2 softgels every 4 hourschildren under 12 years of age: do not usewhen using other Daytime or Nighttime products, carefully read each label to ensure correct dosing
- DAYTIME and NIGHTTIMEswallow whole; do not crush, chew, or dissolvestore between 15-30ºC (59-86F)avoid excessive heat
DAYTIME FD&C red #40, FD&C yellow #6, gelatin, glycerin, mannitol*, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitan, sorbitol, titanium dioxide*may contain this ingredientNIGHTTIMED&C yellow #10, FD&C blue #1, gelatin, glycerin, mannitol*, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, shellac, sodium hydroxide, sorbitan*, sorbitol, titanium dioxide*contains one or more of these ingredients
CVS HEALTH Maximum Strength Daytime Severe Cold Nighttime Cold & Flu
* Please review the disclaimer below.