The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredients (In Each Softgel)
Acetaminophen 325 mg Dextromethorphan HBr 10 mgGuaifenesin 200 mgPhenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducer Cough suppressantExpectorantNasal decongestant
- Temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:
- Headache nasal congestion sore throat cough minor aches and pains temporarily reduces feverhelps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
- Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take:more than 4,000 of acetaminophen in 24 hours with other drugs containing acetaminophen 3 or more alcoholic drinks everyday while using this productAllergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:skin reddening blisters rashIf a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do Not Use
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- Liver disease diabetes high blood pressure heart disease thyroid diseasetrouble urinating due to an enlarges prostate gland persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
Taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
When Using This Product,
Do not use more than directed.
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occurpain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days redness or swelling is present new symptoms occurcough comes back, or occurs with rash or headache that lasts.These could be signs of a serious condition.
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose (overdose) may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- Do not take more than directed (see Overdose warning)do not take more than 12 softgels in any 24-hour period adults and children 12 years of age and older: take 2 softgels every 4 hours children under 12 years of age: do not use
- Store between 20-25ºC (68-77º)avoid excessive heat swallow whole; do not crush, chew or dissolve
FD&C red #40, FD&C yellow #6 gelatin, glycerin, mannitol, polyethylene glycol, povidone, propylene glycol, purified water, sorbitol, sorbitan, titanium dioxide
CVS HEALTH Maximum Strength Cold, Flu & Sore Throat
* Please review the disclaimer below.