NDC 70010-743 Losartan Potassium
Losartan Tablet Oral
|Color(s)||WHITE (C48325 - WHITE TO OFF WHITE) |
|Shape||OVAL (C48345) |
|Size(s)||7 MM |
NDC Code 70010-743-03
Package Description: 30 TABLET in 1 BOTTLE
NDC Code 70010-743-09
Package Description: 90 TABLET in 1 BOTTLE
NDC Code 70010-743-10
Package Description: 1000 TABLET in 1 BOTTLE
What is NDC 70010-743?
The NDC code 70010-743 is assigned by the FDA to the product Losartan Potassium which is a human prescription drug product labeled by Granules Pharmaceuticals Inc.. The generic name of Losartan Potassium is losartan. The product's dosage form is tablet and is administered via oral form. The product is distributed in 3 packages with assigned NDC codes 70010-743-03 30 tablet in 1 bottle , 70010-743-09 90 tablet in 1 bottle , 70010-743-10 1000 tablet in 1 bottle . This page includes all the important details about this product, including active and inactive ingredients, pharmagologic classes, product uses and characteristics, UNII information and RxNorm crosswalk.
What are the uses for Losartan Potassium?
Losartan is used to treat high blood pressure (hypertension) and to help protect the kidneys from damage due to diabetes. It is also used to lower the risk of strokes in patients with high blood pressure and an enlarged heart. Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent strokes, heart attacks, and kidney problems. Losartan belongs to a class of drugs called angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs). It works by relaxing blood vessels so that blood can flow more easily.
What are Losartan Potassium Active Ingredients?
An active ingredient is the substance responsible for the medicinal effects of a product specified by the substance's molecular structure or if the molecular structure is not known, defined by an unambiguous definition that identifies the substance. Each active ingredient name is the preferred term of the UNII code submitted.
- LOSARTAN POTASSIUM 100 mg/1 - An antagonist of ANGIOTENSIN TYPE 1 RECEPTOR with antihypertensive activity due to the reduced pressor effect of ANGIOTENSIN II.
Which are Losartan Potassium UNII Codes?
The UNII codes for the active ingredients in this product are:
- LOSARTAN POTASSIUM (UNII: 3ST302B24A)
- LOSARTAN (UNII: JMS50MPO89) (Active Moiety)
What is the NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk for Losartan Potassium?
RxNorm is a normalized naming system for generic and branded drugs that assigns unique concept identifier(s) known as RxCUIs to NDC products.The NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk for this produdct indicates multiple concept unique identifiers (RXCUIs) are associated with this product:
- RxCUI: 979480 - losartan potassium 100 MG Oral Tablet
- RxCUI: 979480 - Losartan K+ 100 MG Oral Tablet
- RxCUI: 979480 - Losartan Pot 100 MG Oral Tablet
- RxCUI: 979485 - losartan potassium 25 MG Oral Tablet
- RxCUI: 979485 - Losartan K+ 25 MG Oral Tablet
Which are Losartan Potassium Inactive Ingredients UNII Codes?
The inactive ingredients are all the component of a medicinal product OTHER than the active ingredient(s). The acronym "UNII" stands for “Unique Ingredient Identifier” and is used to identify each inactive ingredient present in a product. The UNII codes for the inactive ingredients in this product are:
- STARCH, CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ)
- POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL 400 (UNII: B697894SGQ)
- HYPROMELLOSE 2910 (5 MPA.S) (UNII: R75537T0T4)
- LACTOSE MONOHYDRATE (UNII: EWQ57Q8I5X)
- MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE (UNII: OP1R32D61U)
- HYDROXYPROPYL CELLULOSE, LOW SUBSTITUTED (UNII: 2165RE0K14)
- MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30)
- TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP)
Which are the Pharmacologic Classes for Losartan Potassium?
A pharmacologic class is a group of drugs that share the same scientifically documented properties. The following is a list of the reported pharmacologic class(es) corresponding to the active ingredients of this product.
* Please review the disclaimer below.
We have moved the product label and warning information to a dedicated page, please follow the link below:View Product Label