NDC 70377-078 Atorvastatin Calcium
Tablet, Film Coated Oral
|Color(s)||WHITE (C48325) |
|Shape||OVAL (C48345) |
|Size(s)||10 MM |
NDC Code 70377-078-11
Package Description: 90 TABLET, FILM COATED in 1 BOTTLE
NDC Code 70377-078-12
Package Description: 500 TABLET, FILM COATED in 1 BOTTLE
NDC Code 70377-078-13
Package Description: 1000 TABLET, FILM COATED in 1 BOTTLE
What is NDC 70377-078?
The NDC code 70377-078 is assigned by the FDA to the product Atorvastatin Calcium which is a human prescription drug product labeled by Biocon Pharma Inc.. The product's dosage form is tablet, film coated and is administered via oral form. The product is distributed in 3 packages with assigned NDC codes 70377-078-11 90 tablet, film coated in 1 bottle , 70377-078-12 500 tablet, film coated in 1 bottle , 70377-078-13 1000 tablet, film coated in 1 bottle . This page includes all the important details about this product, including active and inactive ingredients, pharmagologic classes, product uses and characteristics, UNII information and RxNorm crosswalk.
What are the uses for Atorvastatin Calcium?
Atorvastatin is used along with a proper diet to help lower "bad" cholesterol and fats (such as LDL, triglycerides) and raise "good" cholesterol (HDL) in the blood. It belongs to a group of drugs known as "statins." It works by reducing the amount of cholesterol made by the liver. Lowering "bad" cholesterol and triglycerides and raising "good" cholesterol decreases the risk of heart disease and helps prevent strokes and heart attacks. In addition to eating a proper diet (such as a low-cholesterol/low-fat diet), other lifestyle changes that may help this medication work better include exercising, losing weight if overweight, and stopping smoking. Consult your doctor for more details.
What are Atorvastatin Calcium Active Ingredients?
An active ingredient is the substance responsible for the medicinal effects of a product specified by the substance's molecular structure or if the molecular structure is not known, defined by an unambiguous definition that identifies the substance. Each active ingredient name is the preferred term of the UNII code submitted.
- ATORVASTATIN CALCIUM TRIHYDRATE 20 mg/1 - A pyrrole and heptanoic acid derivative, HYDROXYMETHYLGLUTARYL-COA REDUCTASE INHIBITOR (statin), and ANTICHOLESTEREMIC AGENT that is used to reduce serum levels of LDL-CHOLESTEROL; APOLIPOPROTEIN B; and TRIGLYCERIDES. It is used to increase serum levels of HDL-CHOLESTEROL in the treatment of HYPERLIPIDEMIAS, and for the prevention of CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES in patients with multiple risk factors.
Which are Atorvastatin Calcium UNII Codes?
The UNII codes for the active ingredients in this product are:
- ATORVASTATIN CALCIUM TRIHYDRATE (UNII: 48A5M73Z4Q)
- ATORVASTATIN (UNII: A0JWA85V8F) (Active Moiety)
What is the NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk for Atorvastatin Calcium?
RxNorm is a normalized naming system for generic and branded drugs that assigns unique concept identifier(s) known as RxCUIs to NDC products.The NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk for this produdct indicates multiple concept unique identifiers (RXCUIs) are associated with this product:
- RxCUI: 259255 - atorvastatin calcium 80 MG Oral Tablet
- RxCUI: 259255 - atorvastatin 80 MG Oral Tablet
- RxCUI: 259255 - atorvastatin (as atorvastatin calcium) 80 MG Oral Tablet
- RxCUI: 617310 - atorvastatin calcium 20 MG Oral Tablet
- RxCUI: 617310 - atorvastatin 20 MG Oral Tablet
Which are Atorvastatin Calcium Inactive Ingredients UNII Codes?
The inactive ingredients are all the component of a medicinal product OTHER than the active ingredient(s). The acronym "UNII" stands for “Unique Ingredient Identifier” and is used to identify each inactive ingredient present in a product. The UNII codes for the inactive ingredients in this product are:
- CALCIUM CARBONATE (UNII: H0G9379FGK)
- CROSCARMELLOSE SODIUM (UNII: M28OL1HH48)
- HYDROXYPROPYL CELLULOSE (1600000 WAMW) (UNII: RFW2ET671P)
- LACTOSE MONOHYDRATE (UNII: EWQ57Q8I5X)
- MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30)
- MICROCRYSTALLINE CELLULOSE (UNII: OP1R32D61U)
- HYPROMELLOSE, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO)
- POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A)
- TALC (UNII: 7SEV7J4R1U)
- TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP)
- POLYSORBATE 80 (UNII: 6OZP39ZG8H)
Which are the Pharmacologic Classes for Atorvastatin Calcium?
A pharmacologic class is a group of drugs that share the same scientifically documented properties. The following is a list of the reported pharmacologic class(es) corresponding to the active ingredients of this product.
* Please review the disclaimer below.
We have moved the product label and warning information to a dedicated page, please follow the link below:View Product Label