The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each Tablet)
Aspirin 81 mg (NSAID)**nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
- For the temporary relief of minor aches and pains or as recommended by your doctor.
- Because of its delayed action, this product will not provide fast relief of headaches or other symptoms needing immediate relief.ask your doctor about other uses for safety coated 81 mg aspirin
- Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
- Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction, which may include:
- Facial swelling
- Asthma (wheezing)Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you:
- Are age 60 or older
- Have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
- Take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
- Take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs [aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others]
- Have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
- Take more or for a longer time than directed
Do Not Use
If you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If
- Stomach bleeding warning applies to you
- You have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
- You have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis or kidney disease
- You have asthma
- You are taking a diuretic
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
- Taking a prescription drug forgout
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- An allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away. you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- Feel faint have bloody or black stools vomit blood have stomach pain that does not get better pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 days redness or swelling is presentringing in the ears or loss of hearing occursnew symptoms occurThese could be sign of a serious condition.
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- Drink a full glass of water with each dose
- Adults and children 12 years and over: take 4 to 8 tablets every 4 hours not to exceed 48 tablets in 24 hours unless directed by a doctor
- Children under 12 years: do not use
- Store between 15-30ºC (59-86ºF)
Anhydrous lactose**, black iron oxide**, brown iron oxide**, corn starch**, croscarmellose sodium**, D&C yellow #10, FD&C yellow #6**, hypromellose**, methacrylic acid copolymer, microcrystalline cellulose, mineral oil**, pharmaceutical ink**, polysorbate 80**, potassium hydroxide**, propylene glycol**, purified water**, shellac**, silicon dioxide, simethicone**, sodium bicarbonate**, sodium hydroxide**, sodium lauryl sulfate**, stearic acid**, talc, titanium dioxide, triethyl citrate, yellow iron oxide****contains one or more of these ingredients
* Please review the disclaimer below.