The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each Spray)
Fluticasone propionate (glucocorticoid) 50 mcg
Allergy symptom reliever
- Temporarily relieves these symptoms of hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:nasal congestion
- Runny nose
- Itchy nose
- Itchy, watery eyes
Only for use in the nose. Do not spray into your eyes or mouth.
Do Not Use
- In children under 4 years of age
- To treat asthma
- If you have an injury or surgery to your nose that is not fully healed
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of the ingredients
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You
Have or had glaucoma or cataracts
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are Taking
- Medicine for HIV infection (such as ritonavir)
- A steroid medicine for asthma, allergies or skin rash
- Ketoconazole pills (medicine for fungal infection)
When Using This Product
- The growth rate of some children may be slower
- Stinging or sneezing may occur for a few seconds right after use
- Do not share this bottle with anyone else as this may spread germs
- Remember to tell your doctor about all the medicines you take, including this one
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- You have, or come into contact with someone who has, chicken pox, measles or tuberculosis
- Your symptoms do not get better within 7 days of starting use or you get new symptoms such as severe facial pain or thick nasal discharge. You may have something more than allergies, such as an infection.
- You get a constant whistling sound from your nose. This may be a sign of damage inside your nose.
- You get an allergic reaction to this product. Seek medical help right away.
- You get new changes to your vision that develop after starting this product
- You have severe or frequent nosebleeds
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- Read the Quick Start Guide for how to:
- Prime the bottle
- Use the spray
- Clean the spray nozzle
- Shake gently before each use
- Use this product only once a day
- Do not use more than directed
Adults And Children 12 Years Of Age And Older
- Week 1 – use 2 sprays in each nostril once daily
- Week 2 through 6 months – use 1 or 2 sprays in each nostril once daily, as needed to treat your symptoms
- After 6 months of daily use – ask your doctor if you can keep using
Children 4 To 11 Years Of Age
- The growth rate of some children may be slower while using this product.
- Children should use for the shortest amount of time necessary to achieve symptom relief. Talk to your child’s doctor if your child needs to use the spray for longer than two months a year.an adult should supervise use
- Use 1 spray in each nostril once daily
Children Under 4 Years Of Age
- You may start to feel relief the first day and full effect after several days of regular, once-a-day use
- Store between 4
- O and 30
- OC (39
- O and 86
- Keep this package and enclosed materials. They contain important additional information.
Benzalkonium chloride, dextrose, microcrystalline cellulose, phenylethyl alcohol, polysorbate 80, purified water, sodium carboxymethylcellulose
FLUTICASONE PROPIONATE NASAL SPRAY QUESTIONS & ANSWERSWHAT FLUTICASONE PROPIONATE NASAL SPRAY IS, HOW TO USE IT, AND WHAT TO EXPECT.UNDERSTANDING FLUTICASONE PROPIONATE NASAL SPRAYWhat Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray is, and how it works.What is Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray?Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray is an effective, allergy medicine that you can now buy without a prescription. It works directly in the nose to help block your allergic reactions. Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray relieves allergy symptoms caused by pollen, mold, dust and pets.
What is the active ingredient in Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray?The active ingredient in Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray is called fluticasone propionate. Fluticasone propionate is a glucocorticoid – a substance produced naturally by your body to help fight inflammation. It works in your nose to relieve your allergy symptoms. Barely any of it travels through your body. It’s been prescribed by doctors for over 20 years, and used effectively by millions.
A glucocorticoid is a kind of steroid that is different from the anabolic (muscle-building) steroids sometimes misused by athletes. In fact, world class athletes are allowed to use glucocorticoids during competition to treat their allergies.Who should not use Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray?For complete guidance, check the
Drug Facts label on the back of the Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray package.
Can I use Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray for asthma?No, Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray is not a treatment for asthma. Ask your doctor what medicine to take for your asthma.
Can I use Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray for colds?No, use Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray to treat only your allergies – not your cold symptoms. If you’re not sure whether your symptoms come from allergies or a cold, ask your doctor.
What happens when you have allergies?Allergies start when allergens like pollen or pet dander enter your body and trigger your immune system to respond.
Your body’s natural response is to release multiple inflammatory substances, (also referred to as mediators) that cause your allergy symptoms.
How does Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray work?Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray works right in your nose to help block your allergic reaction at the source to relieve the symptoms that make you uncomfortable.
Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray acts on multiple inflammatory substances, including histamine, prostaglandins, cytokines, tryptases, chemokines and leukotrienes.
Most common OTC allergy pills act on histamine alone.Because of the way it works, it may take several days for Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray to reach maximum effect. That’s why it’s best to use Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray regularly, once a day.Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray not only relieves sneezing, itchy nose, runny nose and itchy, watery eyes, but also relieves nasal congestion.Who should not use Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray or check with a doctor first?Some people should not use Fluticasone Propionate Nasal Spray, or need to check with a health professional first. This table offers a quick summary of these situations.
* Please review the disclaimer below.