The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Dist. by: RB Health (US)Parsippany, NJ 07054-0224Made in England
Otc - Purpose
Active ingredients (in each 20 mL)PurposesDextromethorphan HBr 20 mgCough suppressantGuaifenesin 400 mgExpectorantPhenylephrine HCl 10 mgNasal decongestant
- Helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productivetemporarily relieves:cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritantsthe intensity of coughingnasal congestion due to a coldtemporarily helps you cough less
Do Not Use
- If you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- Heart diseasehigh blood pressurethyroid diseasediabetestrouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate glandpersistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysemacough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Otc - When Using
When using this product do not use more than directed
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occursymptoms do not get better within 7 days or occur with fevercough comes back, or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour periodmeasure only with dosing cup provideddo not use dosing cup with other productsdose as follows or as directed by a doctoradults and children 12 years of age and older: 20 mL in dosing cup provided every 4 hourschildren under 12 years of age: do not use
- Each 20 mL contains: sodium 9 mgstore at 20-25°C (68-77°F)dosing cup provideddo not refrigerate
Anhydrous citric acid, D&C yellow no.10, edetate disodium, FD&C blue no.1, flavors, glycerin, propyl gallate, propylene glycol, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol, sucralose, water, xanthan gum
1-866-MUCINEX (1-866-682-4639)You may also report side effects to this phone number.
* Please review the disclaimer below.