Proprietary Name: 171083 Ivermectin 1% / Metronidazole 1% / Niacinamide 4% What is the Proprietary Name?
The proprietary name also known as the trade name is the name of the product chosen by the medication labeler for marketing purposes.
Non-Proprietary Name: 171083 Ivermectin 1% / Metronidazole 1% / Niacinamide 4% What is the Non-Proprietary Name?
The non-proprietary name is sometimes called the generic name. The generic name usually includes the active ingredient(s) of the product.
Drug Use Information Drug Use Information
The drug use information is a summary and does NOT have all possible information about this product. This information does not assure that this product is safe, effective, or appropriate. This information is not individual medical advice and does not substitute for the advice of a health care professional. Always ask a health care professional for complete information about this product and your specific health needs.
- Metronidazole is an antibiotic that is used to treat a wide variety of infections. It works by stopping the growth of certain bacteria and parasites. This antibiotic treats only certain bacterial and parasitic infections. It will not work for viral infections (such as common cold, flu). Using any antibiotic when it is not needed can cause it to not work for future infections. Metronidazole may also be used with other medications to treat certain stomach/intestinal ulcers caused by a bacteria (H. pylori).
- Niacinamide (nicotinamide) is a form of vitamin B3 (niacin) and is used to prevent and treat niacin deficiency (pellagra). Niacin deficiency can cause diarrhea, confusion (dementia), tongue redness/swelling, and peeling red skin. Niacinamide is often used instead of niacin because it causes fewer side effects (e.g., flushing). Unlike niacin, niacinamide does not help correct blood fat levels and cannot be substituted for niacin if you are being treated for a blood fat problem (e.g., high cholesterol). Niacin deficiency may happen as a result of poor diet, certain medical conditions (e.g., alcohol abuse, malabsorption syndrome, Hartnup disease), or long-term use of certain medications (e.g., isoniazid). It is best to get your vitamins from healthy foods. A multivitamin may be recommended by your doctor instead of niacinamide because poor diet usually causes deficiencies in more than one vitamin. Vitamins help to support the body's ability to make and break down natural substances (metabolism) and are needed for good health.
- This medication is used to treat certain parasitic roundworm infections. Curing parasitic infections helps to improve your quality of life. In people with weakened defense (immune) systems, curing roundworm infections can reduce the risk of developing a severe or life-threatening infection. Ivermectin belongs to a class of drugs known as antihelmintics. It works by paralyzing and killing parasites.
NDC Code Structure
- 72934 - Sincerus Florida, Llc
- 72934-1237 - 171083 Ivermectin 1% / Metronidazole 1% / Niacinamide 4%