NDC 73358-241 Curae
Levonorgestrel Tablet Oral
What is NDC 73358-241?
The NDC code 73358-241 is assigned by the FDA to the product Curae which is a human over the counter drug product labeled by Curae Pharma360 Inc.. The generic name of Curae is levonorgestrel. The product's dosage form is tablet and is administered via oral form. The product is distributed in a single package with assigned NDC code 73358-241-01 1 blister pack in 1 carton / 1 tablet in 1 blister pack. This page includes all the important details about this product, including active and inactive ingredients, pharmagologic classes, product uses and characteristics, UNII information, RxNorm crosswalk and the complete product label.
What are the uses for Curae?
Levonorgestrel is used by women to prevent pregnancy after birth control failure (such as a broken condom) or unprotected sex. This medication is an emergency contraceptive and should not be used as a regular form of birth control. It is a progestin hormone that works mainly by preventing the release of an egg (ovulation) during your menstrual cycle. It also makes vaginal fluid thicker to help prevent sperm from reaching an egg (fertilization) and changes the lining of the uterus (womb) to prevent attachment of a fertilized egg. Using this medication will not stop an existing pregnancy or protect you or your partner against sexually transmitted diseases (such as HIV, gonorrhea, chlamydia). This medication may not work well in women over a certain weight (for example, greater than 164 pounds or 74 kilograms), or if you have used certain other medications within the past month. This effect can result in pregnancy. Talk to your doctor for more details and to see if this medication is right for you (see also Drug Interactions section). Check the ingredients on the label even if you have used the product before. The manufacturer may have changed the ingredients. Also, products with similar names may contain different ingredients meant for different purposes. Taking the wrong product could harm you.
|Color(s)||ORANGE (C48331 - LIGHT PEACH) |
|Shape||ROUND (C48348) |
|Size(s)||8 MM |
NDC Code 73358-241-01
Package Description: 1 BLISTER PACK in 1 CARTON / 1 TABLET in 1 BLISTER PACK
What are Curae Active Ingredients?
- LEVONORGESTREL 1.5 mg/1 - A synthetic progestational hormone with actions similar to those of PROGESTERONE and about twice as potent as its racemic or (+-)-isomer (NORGESTREL). It is used for contraception, control of menstrual disorders, and treatment of endometriosis.
Curae Active Ingredients UNII Codes
- LEVONORGESTREL (UNII: 5W7SIA7YZW)
- LEVONORGESTREL (UNII: 5W7SIA7YZW) (Active Moiety)
NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk
- RxCUI: 2631024 - Curae 1.5 MG Oral Tablet
- RxCUI: 2631024 - levonorgestrel 1.5 MG Oral Tablet [Curae]
- RxCUI: 483325 - levonorgestrel 1.5 MG Oral Tablet
Curae Inactive Ingredients UNII Codes
- LACTOSE MONOHYDRATE (UNII: EWQ57Q8I5X)
- STARCH, CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ)
- MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30)
- SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4)
- FD&C YELLOW NO. 6 (UNII: H77VEI93A8)
* Please review the disclaimer below.
Curae Product Label
FDA filings in the form of structured product labels are documents that include all published material associated whith this product. Product label information includes data like indications and usage generic names, contraindications, active ingredients, strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Product Label Table of Contents
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT
- ALLERGY ALERT
- SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES (STDS) ALERT
- DO NOT USE
- OTC - ASK DOCTOR
- OTC - WHEN USING
- OTC - KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN
- OTHER INFORMATION
- INACTIVE INGREDIENTS
- QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL - 1.5 MG TABLET BLISTER PACK CARTON
Curae Pharma360 Inc.
San Francisco, CA 94105
Product made in Germany
Issued: March 2023
Levonorgestrel 1.5 mg
for women to reduce chance of pregnancy after unprotected sex
(if a contraceptive failed or if you did not use birth control)
Do not use if you have ever had an allergic reaction to levonorgestrel
Sexually Transmitted Diseases (Stds) Alert
This product does not protect against HIV/AIDS or other STDs
Do Not Use
- if you are already pregnant (because it will not work)
- for regular birth control
Otc - Ask Doctor
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking efavirenz (HIV medication) or rifampin (tuberculosis treatment) or medication for seizures (epilepsy). These medications may reduce the effectiveness of levonorgestrel.
Otc - When Using
When using this product you may have
- menstrual changes
- breast pain
- lower stomach (abdominal) pain
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control center right away 1-800-222-1222
- take as soon as possible within 72 hours (3 days) after unprotected sex. The sooner you take it, the better it will work.
- If you vomit within 2 hours of taking the medication, call a healthcare professional to find out if you should repeat the dose
- read the instructions, warnings, and enclosed product leaflet before use
- do not use if carton is open or blister seal is broken or missing
- store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F)
colloidal silicon dioxide, FD&C Yellow No.6 aluminum lake, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, and pregelatinized starch
Questions Or Comments?
Monday - Friday 9 AM - 5 PM EST
Principal Display Panel - 1.5 Mg Tablet Blister Pack Carton
Levonorgestrel Tablet 1.5 mg
REDUCES CHANCE OF PREGNANCY
AFTER UNPROTECTED SEX
NOT FOR REGULAR BIRTH CONTROL
- The sooner you take it, the more effective it will be
- Take as soon as possible within 72 hours (3 days)
after unprotected sex
- Will not harm an existing pregnancy
ONE TABLET. ONE STEP.
* Please review the disclaimer below.