The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Otc - Active Ingredient
Active ingredient Bismuth Subsalicylate 262 mg
(each tablet contains 102 mg salicylate)
Otc - Purpose
PurposeUpset stomach reliever/antidiarrheal
Indications & Usage
- Usesrelievestraveler's diarrheadiarrheaupset stomach due to overindulgence in food and drink, including: • heartburn, • indigestion, • nausea, • gas, • belching, • fullness
- WarningsReye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's Syndrome a rare but serious illness.
- Allergy alert: Contains salicylate.Do not take if you are:allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)taking other salicylate products
Otc - Do Not Use
- Do not use if you havebloody or black stoolan ulcera bleeding problem
Otc - Ask Doctor
- Ask a doctor before use if you havefevermucus in the stool
Otc - Ask Doctor/Pharmacist
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist if you are taking any drug for
- Anticoagulation (thinning of the blood)diabetesgoutarthritis
Otc - When Using
When using this product a temporary and harmless darkening of the tongue and/or stool may occur.
Otc - Stop Use
- Stop use and ask a doctor ifsymptoms get worse or lasts more than 2 daysringing in the ears or loss of hearing occursdiarrhea lasts more than 2 days
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children.In case of accidental overdose, contact a physician or poison control center right away (1-800-222-1222)
Dosage & Administration
- Directionschew or dissolve in mouthdrink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrheaAdults and children: (12 years and over) chew 2 tablets every 1/2 to 1 hour as neededdo not exceed 16 tablets in 24 hoursuse until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 daysChildren under 12 years: ask a doctor
Other Safety Information
- Other informationphenylketonurics: contains phenylalanine 1.1mg per tablet
- Calcium content per tablet: 73mg
- Store at room temperature 59º-86ºF (15º-30ºC)tamper-evident sealed packetsdo not use any opened or torn packets
Inactive ingredientsacacia gum, aspartame, calcium carbonate, D&C red #27 aluminum lake, dextrates, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, peppermint flavor, silicon dioxide
Otc - Questions
Questions or comments? 877.506.4291
* Please review the disclaimer below.