The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each Caplet)
Loperamide HCl 2 mg
Controls symptoms of diarrhea, including Travelers’ Diarrhea
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reaction to Loperamide HCl.
Heart alert: Taking more than directed can cause serious heart problems or death.
Do Not Use:
- If you have bloody or black stool
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have:
- Fevermucus in the stoola history of liver diseasea history of abnormal heart rhythmAsk a doctor before use if you are taking a prescription drug. Loperamide may interact with certain prescription drugs.
When Using This Product
Tiredness, drowsiness or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Symptoms get worsediarrhea lasts more than 2 daysyou get abdominal swelling or bulging. These may be signs of a serious condition.
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- Drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrheafind right dose on chart. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age. adults and children 12 years and over 2 caplets after the first loose stool; 1 caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 4 caplets in 24 hours children 9-11 years (60-95 lbs) 1 caplet after the first loose stool; 1/2 caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 3 caplets in 24 hours children 6-8 years (48-59 lbs) 1 caplet after the first loose stool; 1/2 caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 2 caplets in 24 hours children 2-5 years (34 to 47 lbs) ask a doctor children under 2 years (up to 33 lbs) do not use
- Do not use if blister unit is torn or openstore at 20°- 25°C (68° - 77°F)
Corn starch, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, dicalcium phosphate dihydrate, FD&C blue #1 brilliant blue lake, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, silica gel.
Call toll-free 1-800-935-6737
* Please review the disclaimer below.