The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each Caplet)
Loperamide HCl 2 mg
Controls symptoms of diarrhea, including Travelers’ Diarrhea
Allergy alert: Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide HCl.Heart alert: Taking more than directed can cause serious heart problems or death.
Do Not Use
If you have bloody or black stool.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- A fever mucus in the stool a history of liver diseasea history of abnormal heart rhythm
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
Taking a prescription drug. Loperamide may interact with certain prescription drugs.
When Using This Product,
Tiredness, drowsiness, or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Symptoms get worsediarrhea lasts for more than 2 daysyou get abdominal swelling or bulging. These may be signs of a serious condition.
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrheafind right dose on chart. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age.adults and children 12 years and over2 caplets after the first loose stool; 1 caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 4 caplets in 24 hourschildren 9-11 years (60-95 lbs)1 caplet after the first loose stool; 1/2 caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 3 caplets in 24 hourschildren 6-8 years (48-59 lbs)1 caplet after the first loose stool; 1/2 caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 2 caplets in 24 hourschildren 2-5 years (34-47 lbs)ask a doctorchildren under 2 years (up to 33 lbs)do not use
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF OUTER PACKAGE IS OPENED OR BLISTER IS TORN OR BROKENstore between 20º-25ºC (68º-77ºF)see end flap for expiration date and lot number
Corn starch, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, dibasic calcium phosphate dihydrate, FD&C blue #1 aluminum lake, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, silicon dioxide
* Please review the disclaimer below.