The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Distributed by:Pfizer, Madison, NJ 07940 USA
Otc - Purpose
Active ingredients (in each 10 ml)PurposesChlorpheniramine maleate, USP 2 mgAntihistamineDextromethorphan HBr, USP 15 mgCough suppressant
Indications & Usage
- Usestemporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a coldtemporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies: runny nosesneezingitchy, watery eyesitching of the nose or throat
Do Not Use
- To sedate a child or to make a child sleepyif you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- Trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate glandglaucomaa cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
Otc - Ask Doctor/Pharmacist
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When Using This Product
- Do not use more than directedmarked drowsiness may occuravoid alcoholic drinksalcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsinessbe careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machineryexcitability may occur, especially in children
Otc - Stop Use
Stop use and ask a doctor if cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Dosage & Administration
- Directionsmeasure only with dosing cup providedkeep dosing cup with productml = milliliterdo not take more than 4 doses in any 24-hour periodagedosechildren under 6 yearsdo not usechildren 6 to under 12 years10 ml every 6 hoursadults and children 12 years and older20 ml every 6 hours
Storage And Handling
- Other informationeach 10 ml contains: sodium 6 mgstore at 20-25°C (68-77°F)
Inactive ingredientsanhydrous citric acid, artificial & natural flavors, FD&C red no. 40, glycerin, lactic acid, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol solution, sucralose
Otc - Questions
Questions or comments?Call weekdays from 9 AM to 5 PM EST at 1-800-762-4675For most recent product information, visit www.robitussin.com
* Please review the disclaimer below.