The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredients (In Each 5 Ml Tsp)
Chlorpheniramine maleate, USP 1 mgDextromethorphan HBr, USP 7.5 mg
- Temporarily relieves cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with a coldtemporarily relieves these symptoms due to hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies:runny nosesneezingitchy, watery eyesitching of the nose or throat
Do Not Use
- To sedate a child or to make a child sleepyif you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- Trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate glandglaucomaa cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)a breathing problem or chronic cough that lasts or as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
Taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When Using This Product
- Do not use more than directedmarked drowsiness may occuravoid alcoholic drinksalcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsinessbe careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machineryexcitability may occur, especially in children
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
Cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or is accompanied by fever, rash, or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Do not take more than 4 doses in any 24-hour periodagedoseunder 6 yearsdo not use6 to under 12 years2 teaspoons every 6 hours12 years and older4 teaspoons every 6 hours
- Each teaspoon contains: sodium 3 mgstore at 20-25°C (68-77°F)dosage cup provided
Anhydrous citric acid, artificial & natural flavors, FD&C red no. 40, glycerin, lactic acid, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sodium citrate, sorbitol solution, sucralose
The product packaging shown below represents a sample of that currently in use. Additional packaging may also be available.See New Dosing InformationChildren’s Robitussin Cough & Cold LONG-ACTINGCHLORPHENIRAMINE MALEATE (Antihistamine)DEXTROMETHORPHAN HBr (Cough Suppressant)RELIEVES:Cough: Up to 8 HoursRunny NoseFRUIT PUNCH FlavorFor Children Ages 6 & OverAlcohol-Free4 FL OZ (118 mL)Robitussin KnowsChoosing the right product is important. Robitussin has different products for adults and for children.GREEN BoxesAges 12 & OverRED BoxesAges Under 12Use as directedDOSAGE CUP INCLUDEDWyeth Consumer Healthcare Madison, NJ 07940 U.S.A. © 2009 WyethFor most recent product information, visit www.robitussin.comPARENTS: Learn about teen medicine abuse www.stopMedicineAbuse.orgPackaged with Tamper-Evident bottle cap. Do Not Use if breakable ring is separated or missing.
* Please review the disclaimer below.