The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredients (In Each Caplet)
Acetaminophen 325 mgDextromethorphan HBr 10 mgGuaifenesin 200 mgPhenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducerCough suppressantExpectorantNasal decongestant
- •temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms: •nasal congestion •cough •minor aches and pains •sore throat •headache •temporarily reduces fever •helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive
- Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take •more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours •with other drugs containing acetaminophen •3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this productAllergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include: •skin reddening •blisters •rashIf a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do Not Use
- •with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist. •if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product. •if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- •liver disease •heart disease •diabetes •high blood pressure •thyroid disease •trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland •persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema •cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
Taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When Using This Product
Do not use more than directed
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- •nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur •pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days •fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days •redness or swelling is present •new symptoms occur •cough comes back, or occurs with rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
Overdose warning: In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222). Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- •do not take more than directed (see overdose warning) •do not take more than 10 caplets in any 24-hour period •adults and children 12 years and older: take 2 caplets every 4 hours •children under 12 years of age: do not use
- •each caplet contains: sodium 4 mg •do not use if blister unit is broken or torn •store at 20-25oC (68-77oF)
Croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, FD&C blue #1 aluminum lake, FD&C blue #2 aluminum lake, maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, pregelatinized starch, silicon dioxide, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
* Please review the disclaimer below.