The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredients (In Each 5 Ml)
Acetaminophen 160 mgDextromethorphan HBr 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducerCough suppressant
- •temporarily relieves the following cold/flu symptoms: •minor aches and pains •headache •sore throat •cough •temporarily reduces fever
- Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if your child takes •more than 5 doses in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount •with other drugs containing acetaminophenAllergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include: •skin reddening •blisters •rashIf a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do Not Use
- •with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist. •in a child who is taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your child’s prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before giving this product. •if your child has ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask A Doctor Before Use If Your Child Has
- •liver disease •persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with asthma •cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If Your Child Is
Taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
When Using This Product
- •do not exceed recommended dosage (see overdose warning)
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- •pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 5 days •fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days •new symptoms occur •redness or swelling is present •cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
Overdose warning: In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222). Quick medical attention is critical even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- •this product does not contain directions or complete warnings for adult use •do not give more than directed (see overdose warning) •shake well before using •mL = milliliter •find right dose on chart below. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age. •remove the child protective cap and squeeze your child’s dose into the dosing cup •repeat dose every 4 hours, while symptoms last •do not give more than 5 times in 24 hoursWeight (lb)Age (yr)Dose (mL)under 36under 4 yearsdo not use36-474 to 5 years5 mL48-956 to 11 years10 mLAttention: use only enclosed dosing cup specifically designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
- •each 5 mL contains: sodium 3 mg •store at 20-25°C (68-77°F) •do not use if printed neckband is broken or missing
Anhydrous citric acid, calcium sulfate, carrageenan, D&C red #33, edetate disodium, FD&C red #40, flavor, glycerin, polysorbate 80, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, sucrose, tribasic sodium phosphate, xanthan gum
* Please review the disclaimer below.