The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Chlorhexidine gluconate 2% solution
Surgical hand scrub
healthcare personnel handwash
patient preoperative skin preparation
skin wound and general skin cleansing
- Surgical hand scrub: significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care
- Healthcare personnel handwash: helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease
- Patient preoperative skin preparation: preparation of the patient's skin prior to surgery
- Skin wound and general skin cleansing
- For external use onlyAllergy alert: This product may cause a severe allergic reaction. Symptoms may include: wheezing/difficulty breathing shockfacial swelling hivesrashIf an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do Not Use
- If you or the patient is allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this productin contact with meningesin the genital areaas a preoperative skin preparation of the head or face
When Using This Product
- Keep out of eyes, ears and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if placed or kept in the eye during surgical procedures or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrumsif solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with waterwounds which involve more than the superficial layers of the skin should not be routinely treatedrepeated general skin cleansing of large body areas should not be done except when advised by a health care provider
Otc - Stop Use
Stop use and ask a doctor if irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.Surgical hand scrub: wet hands and forearms under running water for 30 seconds. Clean fingernails using a nailstick or similar cleaner.scrub for 1.5 minutes with about 8 mL of product with or without a wet brush paying close attention to the nails, cuticles, and skin between the fingers rinse thoroughly under the running water for 30 seconds wash for an additional 1.5 minutes with 8 mL of product and rinse under running water for 30 seconds dry thoroughly Healthcare personnel handwash: wet hands with water dispense about 5 mL of product into cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for 15 seconds rinse and dry thoroughly Patient preoperative skin preparation: apply product liberally to surgical site and swab for at least 2 minutes dry with a sterile towel repeat procedure for an additional 2 minutes and dry with a sterile towel Skin wound and general skin cleansing: thoroughly rinse the area to e cleaned with water apply the minimum amount of product necessary to cover the skin or wound area and wash gently rinse again thoroughly
- Store at 20 - 25°C (68 - 77°F)avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)
Citric acid, cocamide DEA, hydroxyethylcellulose, isopropyl alcohol, lauramine oxide, purified water
Other Safety Information
WARNING: This product can expose you to coconut oil diethanolamine condensate (cocamide diethanolamine), which is known to the State of California to cause. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
Recent Major Changes
Dosage and Administration
* Please review the disclaimer below.