The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Chlorhexidine gluconate 4% solution
Surgical hand scrub
healthcare personnel handwash
patient preoperative skin preparation
skin wound and general skin cleansing
- Surgical hand scrub: significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care
- Healthcare personnel handwash: helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease
- Patient preoperative skin preparation: preparation of the patient's skin prior to surgery
- Skin wound and general skin cleansing
- For external use onlyAllergy alert: This product may cause a sever allergic reaction. Symptoms may include:wheezing/difficulty breathing shockfacial swelling hivesrash If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do Not Use
- If you or the patient is allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this product in contact with meningesin the genital areaas a preoperative skin preparation of the head or face
When Using This Product
- Keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if placed or kept in the eye during surgical procedures or may cause deadness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums. if solution should contact these areas, rinse out prompty and thoroughly with water wounds which involve more than the superficial layers of the skin should not be routinely treated repeated general skin cleansing of large body areas should not be done except when advised by a health care provider
Otc - Stop Use
Stop use and ask a doctor if irritation, sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children.If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.
Surgical Hand Scrub:
- Wet hands and forearms with waterscrub for 3 minutes with about 5 ml of product and a wet brush, paying close attention to the nails, cuticles, and interdigital spacesa separate nail cleaner may be usedrinse thoroughlywash for an additional 3 minutes with 5 ml of product and rinse under running waterdry thoroughly
Healthcare Personnel Handwash:
- Wet hands with waterdispense about 5 ml of product into cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for 15 secondsrinse and dry thoroughly
Patient Preoperative Skin Preparation:
- Apply product liberally to surgical site and swab for at least 2 minutesdry with a sterile towelrepeat procedure for an additional 2 minutes and dry with a sterile towel
Skin Wound And General Skin Cleansing:
- Thoroughly rinse the area to be cleaned with waterapply the minimum amount of product necessary to cover the skin or wound area and wash gentlyrinse again thoroughly
- Store at 20-25°C (68-77°F)void excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)
Cocamide DEA, fragrance, glucono-delta-lactone, hydroxyethylcellulose, isopropyl alcohol, lauramine oxide, PEG-75 lanolin, purified water, tridecyl alcohol
Other Safety Information
WARNING: This product can expose you to coconut oil diethanolamine condensate (cocamide diethanolamine), which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov.
* Please review the disclaimer below.