The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Product Labeling Index
Chlorhexidine gluconate 2% solution
- Healthcare personnel handwash: helps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease
- Surgical hand scrub: significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms prior to surgery or patient care
For external use onlyAllergy alert: This product may cause a severe allergic reaction. Symptoms may include: • wheezing/difficulty breathing • shock• facial swelling • hives• rash If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do Not Use
- If you are allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this product
When Using This Product
- Keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if permitted to enter and remain in the eye or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardrums.if solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with water do not use routinely if you have wounds which involve more than the superficial layers of the skin
Otc - Stop Use
Stop use and ask a doctor if irritation, sensitization or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.Healthcare personnel handwash:wet hands with water dispense 5 mL of product (6 full strokes) into cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for 15 seconds and rinse under running water and dry thoroughly Surgical hand scrub: wet hands and forearms with water scrub for 3 minutes with 5 mL of product (6 full stokes), with a wet brush, paying close attention to the nails, cuticles, and skin between the fingers a seperate nail cleaner may be used rinse thoroughly wash for an additional 3 minutes with 5 mL of product (6 full strokes) and rinse under running water and dry thoroughly
- Store at 20-25° C (68-77° F)avoid excessive heat above 40° C (104° F)
Citric add. cocamide DEA, hydroxyethylcellulose, isopropyl alcohol, lauramine oxide, purified water
Recent Major Changes
Indications and Usage Dosage and Administration
* Please review the disclaimer below.