The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredients (In Each Caplet)
Acetaminophen 325 mgPhenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Pain reliever/Fever reducerNasal decongestant
- •temporarily relieves these symptoms due to the common cold or flu:onasal congestionostuffy noseosore throatoheadacheosinus congestion and pressureominor aches and pains •temporarily reduces fever
- Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take •more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount •with other drugs containing acetaminophen •3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this productAllergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions.Symptoms may include: •skin reddening •blisters •rashIf a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea or vomiting, ask a doctor promptly.
Do Not Use
- •with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist. •if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product. •if you are allergic to acetaminophen or any of the inactive ingredients in this product
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- •liver disease •diabetes •heart disease •high blood pressure •thyroid disease •trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
Taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- •you get nervous, dizzy or sleepless •pain or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days •fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days •redness or swelling is present •any new symptoms appearThese could be signs of a serious condition.
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
Taking more than the recommended dose can cause serious health problems. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- •do not take more than directed (see overdose warning) •adults and children 12 years of age and over: take 2 caplets every 4 hours, while symptoms persist or as directed by a doctor •do not take more than 12 caplets in 24 hours, unless directed by a doctor •children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor •swallow whole – do not crush, chew or dissolve
Acesulfame potassium, carnauba wax, crospovidone, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, FD&C blue #1 aluminum lake, FD&C red #40 aluminum lake, flavor, lecithin, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, pregelatinized starch, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
* Please review the disclaimer below.