The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient(S) In Each Capsule
*Esomeprazole 20 mg(Each delayed-release capsule corresponds to 20.7 mg esomeprazole magnesium, USP)
- Treats frequent heartburn (occurs 2 or more days a week) not intended for immediate relief of heartburn; this drug may take 1 to 4 days for full effect
Allergy alert: Do not use if you are allergic to esomeprazole
Do Not Use If You Have:
- Trouble or pain swallowing food, vomiting with blood, or bloody or black stools heartburn with lightheadedness, sweating or dizzinesschest pain or shoulder pain with shortness of breath; sweating; pain spreading to arms, neck or shoulders; or lightheadness frequent chest pain.These may be signs of a serious condition. See your doctor.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- Had heartburn over 3 months. This may be a sign of a more serious condition.frequent wheezing, particularly with heartburnunexplained weight lossnausea or vomitingstomach pain
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are Taking
- Warfarin, clopidogrel or cilostazol (blood-thinning medicines)prescription ant fungal or anti-yeast medicinesdigoxin (heart medicine)diazepam (anxiety medicine)tacrolimus or mycophenolate mofetil (immune system medicine) prescription antiretrovirals (medicines for HIV infection)methotrexate (arthritis medicine)
Stop Use And Ask Doctor If
- Your heartburn continues or worsensyou need to take this product for more than 14 daysyou need to take more than 1 course of treatment every 4 monthsyou get diarrhea you develop a rash or joint painIf pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Adults 18 years of age and olderthis product is to be used once a day (every 24 hours), every day for 14 daysmay take 1 to 4 days for full effect 14-Day Course of Treatmentswallow 1 capsule with a glass of water before eating in the morningtake every day for 14 days do not take more than 1 capsule a dayswallow whole. Do not crush or chew capsules.do not use for more than 14 days unless directed by your doctor Repeated 14-Day Courses (if needed)you may repeat a 14-day course every 4 monthsdo not take for more than 14 days or more often than every 4 months unless directed by a doctor children under 18 years of age: ask a doctor before use. Heartburn in children may sometimes be caused by a serious condition.
- Each capsule contains: magnesium, 15 mgread directions and warnings before usekeep the carton. It contains important informationstore at 20 to 25°C (68 to 77°F)
Acetyl tributyl citrate, dibutyl sebacate, FD&C Blue #1, ferroso ferric oxide, gelatin, glyceryl monostearate, hypromellose, magnesium oxide, magnesium stearate, methacrylic acid copolymer dispersion, poloxamer, polysorbate 80, povidone, potassium hydroxide, propylene glycol, shellac, sugar, talc, titanium dioxide
* Please review the disclaimer below.