The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
DIRECTIONS FOR USEGel – 1oz/30mL
AD31004 Pina Colada
Gel – 100g jar
AD31067 Pina Colada
For dental use only.
1. Indications And Usage
Indicated as a topical anesthetic for use on oral mucosa prior to local anesthetic injections, scaling and prophylaxis. Also useful to relieve discomfort associated with taking impressions and intraoral radiographs. Apply as required.
2. Dosage And Administration
- Using a new cotton applicator, apply a small amount of gel to the mucosa to achieve topical anesthesia. Do not reintroduce the cotton applicator into the bottleTightly re-cap the jar after each use.
3. Dosage Forms And Strengths
Each gram of Topex Topical Anesthetic Gel contains between 180-220 mg benzocaine in a flavored base.
Do not use onindividuals with a known sensitivity to benzocaine or PABA.
5. Warnings And Precautions
- METHEMOGLOBINEMIA WARNING:Use of this product may cause methemoglobinemia, a rare but serious condition that must be treated promptly because it reduces the amount of oxygen carried in blood. Stop use and seek immediate medical attention if the patient in your care develops:pale, gray or blue colored skin (cyanosis)headacherapid heart rateshortness of breathdizziness or lightheadednessfatigue or lack of energyNot for use in children under 2 years of age
- Keep out of reach of children
- For professional dental use only
- Take care not to contaminate the jar by reintroducing a used cotton applicator into the jar
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
Flavored 20% benzocaine gel or liquid for topical mucosal anesthesia.
8. How Supplied / Storage And Handling
Topex 20% benzocaine gel is supplied in multiple use containers.Store between 59°-86°F (15°-30°C). Protect from freezing.
Sultan Healthcare1301 Smile Way • York, PA 17404 • USAToll Free: 800-637-8582 • Phone: 201-871-1232Fax: 201-871-0321 • www.sultanhealthcare.comMade in the USA
* Please review the disclaimer below.