The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Chlorhexidine Gluconate 4% Solution
- Surgical hand scrub: significantly reduces the number of microorganisms on the hands and forearms proir to surgery or patient care
- Healthcare personnel handwash: helkps reduce bacteria that potentially can cause disease
- Skin wound and general skin cleansing
- For external use only Allergy alert: This product may cause a severe allergic reaction. Symptoms may include:
- Wheexing/difficulty breathing shockfacial swelling hives rashIf an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Do Not Use
- If you or the patient is allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this product in contact with meninges in the genital area
When Using This Product
- Keep out of eyes, ears and mouth. May cause serious and permanent eye injury if permitted to enter and remain in the eye or may cause deafness when instilled in the middle ear through perforated eardurms. if solution should contact these areas, rinse out promptly and thoroughly with waterwounds which involve more than the superficial layers of the skin should not be routinely treated repeated general skin cleansing of large body areas should not be done except when advised by a healthcare provider
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
Irritationm sensitization, or allergic reaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns. Surgical hand scrub: wet hands and forearms with water scrub for 3 minutes with about 5 mL of product and a wet brush paying close attention to the nails, cuticles, and interdigital spaces a seperate nail cleaner may be used rinse thoroughly wash for an additional 3 minutes with 5 mL of product and rinse under running water dry thoroughly Healthcare personnel handwash: wet hands with water dispense about 5 mL of product into cupped hands and wash in a vigorous manner for about 15 seconds rinse and dry thoroughly Skin wound and general skin cleansing: thoroughly rinse the area to be cleaned with water apply this minimum amount of product necessary to cover the skin or wound area and wash gently rinse again thoroughly
- Store at 20-25°C (68-77°F) avoid excessive heat above 40°C (104°F)
Cocamide DEA, fragrance, glucono-delta-lactone, hydroxyethylcellulose, isopropyl alcohol, lauramine oxide, PEG-75 lanolin, purified water, tridecyl alcohol.
Other Safety Information
Laundering/Cleaning Instrucitons: Chlorhexidine gluconate skin cleansers will cause stains if used with chlorine releasing products, such as chlorine bleach. Rinse completely and use only non-chlorine detergents.
* Please review the disclaimer below.