The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each Lozenge)
Nicotine polacrilex USP, 2 mg
Stop smoking aid
- Reduces withdrawal symptoms, including nicotine craving, associated with quitting smoking
If You Are Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Only use this medicine on the advice of your health care provider. Smoking can seriously harm your child. Try to stop smoking without using any nicotine replacement medicine. This medicine is believed to be safer than smoking. However, the risks to your child from this medicine are not fully known.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- A sodium-restricted dietheart disease, recent heart attack, or irregular heartbeat. Nicotine can increase your heart rate.high blood pressure not controlled with medication. Nicotine can increase your blood pressure.stomach ulcer or diabeteshistory of seizures
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
- Using a non-nicotine stop smoking drugtaking prescription medicine for depression or asthma. Your prescription dose may need to be adjusted.
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Mouth problems occurpersistent indigestion or severe sore throat occursirregular heartbeat or palpitations occuryou get symptoms of nicotine overdose such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea, weakness and rapid heartbeatyou have symptoms of an allergic reaction (such as difficulty breathing or rash)
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children And Pets.
Nicotine lozenges may have enough nicotine to make children and pets sick. If you need to remove the lozenge, wrap it in paper and throw away in the trash. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away
- If you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use. No studies have been done to show if this product will work for you.before using this product, read the enclosed User’s Guide for complete directions and other important informationbegin using the lozenge on your quit dayif you smoke your first cigarette more than 30 minutes after waking up, use 2 mg nicotine lozengeif you smoke your first cigarette within 30 minutes of waking up, use 4 mg nicotine lozenge according to the following 12 week schedule: Weeks 1 to 6 Weeks 7 to 9 Weeks 10 to 12 1 lozenge every 1 to 2 hours 1 lozenge every 2 to 4 hours 1 lozenge every 4 to 8 hoursnicotine lozenge is a medicine and must be used a certain way to get the best resultsplace the lozenge in your mouth and allow the lozenge to slowly dissolve (about 20 to 30 minutes). Minimize swallowing. Do not chew or swallow lozenge.you may feel a warm or tingling sensationoccasionally move the lozenge from one side of your mouth to the other until completely dissolved (about 20 to 30 minutes)do not eat or drink 15 minutes before using or while the lozenge is in your mouthto improve your chances of quitting, use at least 9 lozenges per day for the first 6 weeksdo not use more than one lozenge at a time or continuously use one lozenge after another since this may cause you hiccups, heartburn, nausea or other side effectsdo not use more than 5 lozenges in 6 hours. Do not use more than 20 lozenges per day.It is important to complete treatment. If you feel you need to use the lozenge for a longer period to keep from smoking, talk to your health care provider.
- Each lozenge contains: sodium 14 mgstore at 20º-25ºC (68º-77ºF)keep bottle tightly closed and protect from light
Acesulfame potassium, colloidal silicon dioxide, flavor, hydroxypropyl cellulose, magnesium stearate, mannitol, potassium bicarbonate, povidone, sodium alginate, sodium carbonate, sucralose,xanthan gum
RITE AID Nicotine Lozenge Mint Flavor
* Please review the disclaimer below.