The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredients (In Each Caplet) (Daytime Cold & Flu Severe)
Acetaminophen 325 mgDextromethorphan HBr 10 mgGuaifenesin 200 mgPhenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducerCough suppressantExpectorantNasal decongestant
Pain reliever/fever reducerAntihistamineCough suppressantNasal decongestant
Active Ingredients (In Each Caplet) (Nighttime Cold & Flu Severe)
Acetaminophen 325 mgChlorpheniramine maleate 2 mgDextromethorphan HBr 10 mgPhenylephrine HCl 5 mg
- Temporarily relieves these common cold and flu symptoms:coughheadachesore throatnasal congestionminor aches and painssinus congestion and pressure (Nighttime only)sneezing and runny nose (Nighttime only)helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make coughs more productive (Daytime only)helps clear nasal passages (Nighttime only)relieves cough to help you sleep (Nighttime only)temporarily reduces fever
- Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you takemore than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hourswith other drugs containing acetaminophen3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this productAllergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:skin reddeningblistersrashIf a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do Not Use
- With any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- High blood pressureliver diseasediabetesthyroid diseaseheart diseaseglaucoma (Nighttime only)cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate glandpersistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysemaa breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis (Nighttime only)
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
- Taking the blood thinning drug warfarintaking sedatives or tranquilizers (Nighttime only)
When Using This Product
- Do not exceed recommended dosageexcitability may occur, especially in children (Nighttime only)marked drowsiness may occur (Nighttime only)avoid alcoholic beverages (Nighttime only)use caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery (Nighttime only)alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness (Nighttime only)
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurpain, nasal congestion, or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 daysnew symptoms occurfever gets worse or lasts more than 3 daysredness or swelling is presentcough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of accidental overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Prompt medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.Read each section carefully. Do not take DAYTIME and NIGHTTIME products at the same time.
- Do not take more than directedadults and children 12 years and overtake 2 caplets every 4 hoursswallow whole – do not crush, chew, or dissolvedo not take more than 10 caplets in 24 hourschildren under 12 years: ask a doctor
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF OUTER PACKAGE IS OPENED OR BLISTER IS TORN OR BROKENstore at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted between 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)see end flap for expiration date and lot number
Inactive Ingredients (Daytime Only)
Corn starch, crospovidone, D&C yellow #10 aluminum lake, flavor, magnesium stearate, maltodextrin, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, silicon dioxide, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, sucralose, talc, titanium dioxide
Inactive Ingredients (Nighttime Only)
Corn starch, crospovidone, FD&C blue #1 aluminum lake, FD&C blue #2 aluminum lake, flavor, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, silicon dioxide, sodium starch glycolate, stearic acid, sucralose, talc, titanium dioxide
* Please review the disclaimer below.