The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Diclofenac sodium (NSAID*) 1% (equivalent to 0.93% diclofenac)* nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Arthritis Pain Reliever
- For the temporary relief of arthritis pain ONLY in the following areas:hand, wrist, elbow (upper body areas) foot, ankle, knee (lower body areas)this product may take up to 7 days to work for arthritis pain; it is not for immediate relief. If no pain relief in 7 days, stop use
- For external use only.Allergy alert: Diclofenac may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin. Symptoms may include:hivesasthma (wheezing)skin reddeningblistersfacial swellingshockrashIf an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.Liver warning: This product contains diclofenac. Liver damage may occur if you apply:more or for a longer time than directedwhen using other drugs containing diclofenacStomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is small but higher if you:are age 60 or olderhave had stomach ulcers or bleeding problemstake a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drugtake other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this productapply more or for longer than directedHeart attack and stroke warning: NSAIDs, except aspirin, increase the risk of heart attack, heart failure, and stroke. These can be fatal. The risk is higher if you use more than directed or for longer than directed.
Do Not Use
- If you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever or to a fever reducerfor strains, sprains, bruises or sports injuries. This product has not been shown to work for these types of injuries.right before or after heart surgeryon more than 2 body areas at the same timein the eyes, nose, or mouth
Ask A Doctor Before Use If
- You have problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducersstomach bleeding warning applies to you you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburnyou have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, kidney disease, asthma, or had a strokeyou are taking a diureticyou are under the age of 18 years. It is not known if this drug works or is safe in children under the age of 18 years.
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If
- Under a doctor’s care for any serious conditiontaking any other drug
When Using This Product
- Avoid contact with eyes, nose, or mouthif eye contact occurs, rinse thoroughly with water
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Pain gets worse or lasts more than 21 daysredness or swelling is present in the painful areafever occursskin irritation occursany new symptoms appear. These could be signs of a serious condition.you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding:
- Feel fainthave bloody or black stoolsvomit bloodhave stomach pain that does not get betteryou have symptoms of heart problems or stroke:
- Chest paintrouble breathingleg swellingweakness in one part of side of bodyslurred speech
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use. It is especially important to not use this product during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center (1-800-222-1222) right away.
- Use up to 21 days unless directed by your doctor. Not for strains, sprains, bruises or sports injuries.This product has not been shown to work for these types of injuries. Daily Per Dose For your arthritis pain:Use 4 times per day every dayDo not use on more than 2 body areas at the same time Use ENCLOSED DOSING CARD to measure a dose For each upper body area (hand, wrist, or elbow) – Squeeze out 2.25 inches (2 grams)For each lower body area (foot, ankle, or knee) – Squeeze out 4.5 inches (4 grams) Read the enclosed User Guide for complete instructions:use only as directeddo not use more than directed or for longer than directedapply only to clean, dry skin that does not have any cuts, open wounds, infections, or rashesdo not apply in same areas as any other productdo not apply with external heat such as a heating paddo not apply a bandage over the treated areastore ENCLOSED DOSING CARD with your Diclofenac Sodium Topical Gel, 1%. The dosing card is re-usable.
- Store at 20° to 25°C (68° to 77°F). Keep from freezing.read all product information before using. Keep the dosing card, this carton and accompanying User Guide for important information
Carbomer homopolymer Type C, cocoyl caprylocaprate, fragrance, isopropyl alcohol, mineral oil, polyoxyl 20 cetostearyl ether, propylene glycol, purified water, strong ammonia solution
- Use enclosed dosing card to measure a doseDiclofenac Sodium Topical Gel, 1% (NSAID) - arthritis pain reliever[Upper body dose 2.25 inches long (2 grams)] Dosing Card (NOT ACTUAL SIZE)[Lower body dose 4.5 inches long (4 grams) Read product User Guide before use Not for immediate pain reliefHow to useFor arthritis pain onlyUse 4 times a dayMay take up to 7 days to work for your arthritis painFor use on no more than 2 body areasUse up to 21 days unless directed by a doctor
RITE AID Arthritis Pain Reliever
* Please review the disclaimer below.