The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredients (In Each Extended-Release Tablet)
Dextromethorphan HBr 60 mgGuaifenesin 1200 mg
- Helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productivetemporarily relievescough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritantsthe intensity of coughingthe impulse to cough to help you get to sleep
Do Not Use
- For children under12 years of age if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- Persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysemacough accompanied by too much phlegm (mucus)
When Using This Product,
Do not use more than directed.
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
Cough lasts more than 7 days, comes back, or occurs with fever, rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious illness.
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- Do not crush, chew, or break tablettake with a full glass of water this product can be administered without regards for timing of meals adults and children 12 years of age and older: 1 tablet every 12 hours; not more than 2 tablets in 24 hourschildren under 12 years of age: do not use
- Store between 20º to 25ºC (68º to 77ºF)
Carbomer, colloidal silicon dioxide, D&Cyellow #10 aluminum lake, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, povidone, talc
RITE AID Maximum Strength Mucus Relief DM
* Please review the disclaimer below.