The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Otc - Purpose
Active ingredients(in each 20 mL)PurposesDextromethorphan HBr 20 mgCough suppressantGuaifenesin 400 mgExpectorantPhenylephrine HCl 10 mg Nasal decongestant
- ▪helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to rid the bronchial passageways of bothersome mucus and make coughs more productive▪temporarily relieves:▪cough due to minor throat and bronchial irritation as may occur with the common cold or inhaled irritants▪the intensity of coughing▪the impulse to cough to help you get to sleep▪nasal congestion due to a cold
Do Not Use
- ▪if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- ▪heart disease▪high blood pressure▪thyroid disease▪diabetes▪trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland▪persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema▪cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
When Using This Product
- ▪do not use more than directed
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- ▪nervousness, dizziness or sleeplessness occur▪symptoms do not get better within 7 days or occur with fever▪cough comes back, or occurs with rash or persistent headache. These could be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222)
- ▪do not take more than 6 doses in any 24-hour period▪measure only with dosing cup provided▪do not use dosing cup with other products▪dose as follows or as directed by a doctor▪mL = milliliter▪adults and children 12 years of age and older: 20 mL in dosing cup provided every 4 hours.▪children under 12 years of age: Do not use.
- ▪each 20 mL contains: sodium 8 mg▪low sodium▪store at room temperature▪do not refrigerate
Anhydrous citric acid, edetate disodium, FD&C Blue No. 1, FD&C Red No. 40, flavors, potassium citrate, propylene glycol, propyl gallate, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol, sucralose, xanthan gum
* Please review the disclaimer below.