The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each Caplet)
Acetaminophen 325 mg Chlorpheniramine maleate 2 mg Phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Pain relieverAntihistamineNasal decongestant
- •temporarily relieves these symptoms of hay fever or other upper respiratory allergies: •headache •sinus congestion and pressure •nasal congestion •runny nose and sneezing •minor aches and pains •temporarily relieves these additional symptoms of hay fever: •itching of the nose or throat •itchy, watery eyes •helps clear nasal passages •helps decongest sinus openings and passages
- Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. The maximum daily dose of this product is 10 caplets (3,250 mg acetaminophen) in 24 hours. Severe liver damage may occur if you take •more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours •with other drugs containing acetaminophen •3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Do Not Use
- •with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist. •if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product. •if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients •to make a child sleepy
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- •liver disease •heart disease •high blood pressure •thyroid disease •diabetes •trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland •a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis •glaucoma
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
- •taking the blood thinning drug warfarin •taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When Using This Product
- •do not exceed recommended dosage •excitability may occur, especially in children •drowsiness may occur •alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness •avoid alcoholic drinks •be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- •nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur •pain or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days •fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days •redness or swelling is present •new symptoms occurThese could be signs of a serious condition.
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222) Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- •do not take more than directed (see Liver warning)
Acesulfame potassium, carnauba wax, flavor, iron oxide yellow, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, povidone, pregelatinized starch, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide
* Please review the disclaimer below.