The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each Patch)
Step 1 - Nicotine, 21 mg delivered over 24 hoursStep 2 - Nicotine, 14 mg delivered over 24 hours
Stop smoking aid
Reduces withdrawal symptoms, including nicotine craving, associated with quitting smoking.
If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, only use this medicine on the advice of your health care provider. Smoking can seriously harm your child. Try to stop smoking without using any nicotine replacement medicine. This medicine is believed to be safer than smoking. However, the risks to your child from this medicine are not fully known.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- Heart disease, recent heart attack, or irregular heartbeat. Nicotine can increase your heart rate.high blood pressure not controlled with medication. Nicotine can increase your blood pressure.an allergy to adhesive tape or have skin problems, because you are more likely to get rashes.stomach ulcer or diabeteshistory of seizures
Ask A Doctor Or Pharmacist Before Use If You Are
- Using a non-nicotine stop smoking drugtaking a prescription medicine for depression or asthma. Your prescription dose may need to be adjusted.
When Using This Product
- If you have vivid dreams or other sleep disturbances remove this patch at bedtime
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Skin redness caused by the patch does not go away after four days, or if your skin swells, or you get a rashirregular heartbeat or palpitations occuryou get symptoms of nicotine overdose, such as nausea, vomiting, dizziness, weakness and rapid heartbeatyou have symptoms of an allergic reaction (such as difficulty breathing or rash)
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children And Pets.
Used patches have enough nicotine to poison children and pets. If swallowed, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Save pouch to use for patch disposal. Dispose of the used patches by folding sticky ends together and putting in pouch.
- If you are under 18 years of age, ask a doctor before use before using this product, read the enclosed self-help guide for complete directions and other informationbegin using the patch on your quit dayif you smoke more than 10 cigarettes per day, use the following schedule below:Weeks 1 thru 2Weeks 5 and 6Weeks 7 and 8Step 1Step 2Step 3Use one 21 mg patch/dayUse one 14 mg patch/dayUse one 7 mg patch/dayif you smoke 10 or less cigarettes per day, start with Step 2 for 6 weeks, then Step 3 for 2 weeksapply one new patch every 24 hours on skin that is dry, clean and hairlessremove backing from patch and immediately press onto skin. Hold for 10 seconds.wash hands after applying or removing patch. Save pouch to use for patch disposal. Dispose of the used patches by folding sticky ends together and putting in pouch.the used patch should be removed and a new one applied to a different skin site at the same time each dayif you have vivid dreams, you may remove the patch at bedtime and apply a new one in the morningdo not wear more than one patch at a timedo not cut patch in half or into smaller piecesdo not leave patch on for more than 24 hours because it may irritate your skin and loses strength after 24 hoursit is important to complete treatment. If you feel you need to use the patch for a longer period to keep from smoking, talk to your health care provider.
Store at 20° C – 25° C (68° F – 77° F)
Acrylate adhesive, polyester, silicone adhesive
To Increase Your Success In Quitting:
1. You must be motivated to quit. 2. Use one patch daily according to directions.3. It is important to complete treatment. 4. If you feel you need to use the patch for a longer period to keep from smoking, talk to your health care provider.5. Use patch with a behavioral support program such as the one described in the enclosed booklet.
* Please review the disclaimer below.