The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Distributed byCintas Corporation, Mason, OH 45040
Active Ingredient (In Each Caplet)
Loperamide Hydrochloride USP, 2 mg
Controls symptoms of diarrhea, including Travelers' Diarrhea
Do not use if you have ever had a rash or other allergic reaction to loperamide hydrochloride
Taking more than directed can cause serious heart problems or death
Otc - Do Not Use
Do not use if you have bloody or black stool
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- Fevermucus in the stoola history of liver diseasea history of abnormal heart rhythm
Otc - Ask Doctor/Pharmacist
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking a prescription drug. Loperamide may interact with certain prescription drugs.
Otc - When Using
When using this product tiredness, drowsiness or dizziness may occur. Be careful when driving or operating machinery.
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Symptoms get worsediarrhea lasts for more than 2 daysyou get abdominal swelling or bulging. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- Drink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrheafind right dose on chart. If possible, use weight to dose; otherwise, use age.adults and children 12 years and over2 caplets after the first loose stool; 1 caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 4 caplets in 24 hourschildren 9-11 years (60-95 lbs)1 caplet after the first loose stool; ½ caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 3 caplets in 24 hourschildren 6-8 years (48-59 lbs)1 caplet after the first loose stool; ½ caplet after each subsequent loose stool; but no more than 2 caplets in 24 hourschildren 2-5 years (34 to 47 lbs)ask a doctorchildren under 2 years (up to 33 lbs)do not use
- Store between 20° – 25°C (68° – 77°F)see side panel for lot number and expiration dateTAMPER EVIDENT: THIS PRODUCT IS PROTECTED WITH SEALED BLISTER UNITS. DO NOT USE IF ANY ARE TORN OR BROKEN.
Anhydrous lactose, croscarmellose sodium, crospovidone, D&C yellow no. 10 aluminum lake, FD&C blue no. 1 aluminum lake, hydrogenated vegetable oil, magnesium stearate, powdered cellulose, pregelatinized starch
Call toll-free Monday-Friday 8:30 am to 5 pm EST at 1800-406-7984.
* Please review the disclaimer below.