The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredient (In Each Tablet/Caplet)
Naproxen sodium USP, 220 mg(naproxen USP, 200 mg) (NSAID)nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug
Pain reliever/fever reducer
- Temporarily relieves minor aches and pains due to: minor pain of arthritismuscular achesbackachemenstrual crampsheadachetoothachethe common coldtemporarily reduces fever
Allergy alert: Naproxen sodium may cause a severe allergic reaction, especially in people allergic to aspirin. Symptoms may include:hivesfacial swellingasthma (wheezing)shockskin reddeningrashblisters If an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding.The chance is higher if you:are age 60 or olderhave had stomach ulcers or bleeding problemstake a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drugtake other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAID's (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this producttake more or for a longer time than directed
Heart attack and stroke warning: NSAIDs, except aspirin, increase the risk of heart attack, hear failure, and stroke. These can be fatal. The risk is higher if you use more than directed or for longer than directed.
Otc- Ask A Doctor Section
Ask a doctor before use ifthe stomach bleeding warning applies to youyou have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburnyou have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, kidney disease, asthma, or had a strokeyou are taking a diuretic you have problems or serious side effects from taking pain relievers or fever reducers
Otc- Do Not Use Section
Do not use if you have ever had an allergic reaction to any other pain reliever/fever reducerright before or after heart surgery
Otc - Ask Doctor/Pharmacist Section
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are under a doctor's care for any serious conditiontaking any other drug
Otc - When Using Section
When using this producttake with food or milk if stomach upset occurs
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding Section
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use. It is especially important not to use naproxen sodium during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Otc - Stop Use Section
- Stop use and ask a doctor ifyou experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding: feel faintvomit bloodhave bloody or black stoolshave stomach pain that does not get better you have symptoms of heart problems or stroke: chest paintrouble breathingweakness in one part or side of bodyslurred speechleg swelling pain gets worse or lasts more than 10 daysfever gets worse or lasts more than 3 daysyou have difficulty swallowingit feels like the pill is stuck in your throatredness or swelling is present in the painful areaany new symptoms appear
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children Section
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222).
- Do not take more than directedthe smallest effective dose should be useddrink a full glass of water with each doseAdults and children 12 years and oldertake 1 tablet/caplet every 8 to 12 hours while symptoms lastfor the first dose you may take 2 tablets/caplets within the first hourdo not exceed 2 tablets/caplets in any 8 to 12 hour perioddo not exceed 3 tablets/caplets in a 24-hour periodChildren under 12 yearsask a doctor
- Each tablet/caplet contains: sodium 20 mgstore at 20-25°C (68-77°F). Avoid high humidity and excessive heat above 40°C (104°F).
FD &C Blue # 2, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polysorbate 80, povidone, talc, titanium dioxide
Headache Pain - Container
Back And Muscle Pain
Back and Muscle Pain- Container
* Please review the disclaimer below.