The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Active Ingredients (In Each Caplet)
Acetaminophen 500 mgChlorpheniramine maleate 2 mgPhenylephrine hydrochloride 5 mg
Pain reliever/fever reducerAntihistamineNasal decongestant
- Temporarily relieves common cold/flu symptoms: •nasal congestion •headache •runny nose •sore throat •minor aches and pains •sneezing •fever
- Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take • more than 4000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours, which is the maximum daily amount • with other drugs containing acetaminophen • 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this productAllergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions.Symptoms may include: •skin reddening •blisters •rashIf a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, occurs with or is followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, ask a doctor promptly.
Otc - Do Not Use
Do not use • with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist. • if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
Otc - Ask Doctor
- Ask a doctor before use if you have •diabetes •liver disease •heart disease •glaucoma •high blood pressure •trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland •thyroid disease •a breathing problem such as emphysema or chronic bronchitis
Otc - Ask Doctor/Pharmacist
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are • taking the blood thinning drug warfarin • taking sedatives or tranquilizers
Otc - When Using
When using this product • do not exceed recommended dosage • drowsiness may occur • avoid alcoholic drinks • alcohol, sedatives, and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness • be careful when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery • excitability may occur, especially in children
Otc - Stop Use
Stop use and ask a doctor if • pain or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days • fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days • redness or swelling is present • you get nervous, dizzy, or sleepless • new symptoms occurThese could be signs of a serious condition.
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
Ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away (1-800-222-1222). Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.
- •do not take more than directed (see overdose warning). •adults and children 12 years of age and over: take 2 caplets every 6 hours as needed. •do not take more than 8 caplets in 24 hours. •children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor.
Store at 20°-25°C (68°-77°F)
Corn starch, D&C yellow No. 10 aluminum lake, FD&C Yellow No. 6 aluminum lake, microcrystalline cellulose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl alcohol, potassium sorbate, povidone, sodium lauryl sulfate, stearic acid, talc, titanium dioxide.
* Please review the disclaimer below.