The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Product Labeling Index
Chlorhexidine gluconate 2% w/vIsopropyl alcohol 70% v/v
For the preparation of the patient's skin prior tosurgery. Helps to reduce bacteria that potentially can causeskin infection.
- For external use only. Flammable, keep away from fire or flame. To reduce the risk of fire, PREP CAREFULLY:do not use 26-mL applicator for head and neck surgerydo not use on an area smaller than 8.4 in. × 8.4 in. Use a smaller applicator instead.solution contains alcohol and gives off
- Flammable vaporsavoid getting solution into hairy areas. Hair may take up to 1 hour to dry.
- Wet hair is flammable.do not drape or use ignition source (e.g., cautery, laser) until solution is completely dry (minimum of 3 minutes on hairless skin; up to 1 hour in hair)do not allow solution to poolremove wet materials from prep area
- This product may cause a severe allergicreaction. Symptoms may include:wheezing/difficulty breathingshockfacial swellinghivesrashIf an allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical helpright away.
Do Not Use
- On patients allergic to chlorhexidine gluconate or any other ingredient in this productfor lumbar puncture or in contact with meningeson open skin wounds or as a general skin cleanser
When Using This Product
Keep out of eyes, ears, and mouth.May cause serious or permanent injury if permitted to enterand remain. If contact occurs, rinse with cold water right awayand contact a doctor.
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
Irritation, sensitization, or allergicreaction occurs. These may be signs of a serious condition.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
If swallowed, get medical helpor contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Use with care in premature infants or infants under 2 months of age. These products may cause irritation or chemical burns.use in a well ventilated areamaximal treatment area for one applicator is approximately 13.2 in. × 13.2 in. (1126 cm 2). Do not use 26-ml applicator for area smaller than 8.4 in. x 8.4 in. Use a smaller applicator instead.Do not use 26-ml applicator for head and neck surgeryremove applicator from package; do not touch spongehold the applicator with the sponge down. Pinch wingonly once to activate the ampules and release the antiseptic.
- Wet the sponge by pressing and releasing the sponge against the treatment area until liquid is visible on the skincompletely wet the treatment area with antisepticdry surgical sites (e.g., abdomen or arm): use gentle
- Repeated back-and-forth strokes for 30 secondsmoist surgical sites (e.g., inguinal fold): use gentle
- Repeated back-and-forth strokes for 2 minutesdo not allow solution to pool; tuck prep towels to absorb solution, and then removeallow the solution to completely dry (minimum of 3
- Minutes on hairless skin; up to 1 hour in hair). Do not blot or wipe away.discard the applicator after a single use along with any portion of the solution not required to cover the prep area. It is not necessary to use the entire amount available.
- Store between 15-30 °C (59-86 °F)avoid freezing and excessive heat above 40 °C (104 °F)
FD&C green #3 dye, USP purified water
- 1-800-523-0502 (M-F 8 a.m.-5 p.m. CST)
* Please review the disclaimer below.