The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Otc - Purpose
Active ingredient (per chew)PurposesBismuth subsalicylate 262 mgAnti-diarrheal, Upset stomach reliever
Indications & Usage
- Uses relieves:traveler’s diarrheadiarrheaupset stomach due to overindulgence in food and drink, including:heartburnindigestionnauseagasbelchingfullness
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness. Allergy Alert: Contains salicylate.
Do Not Take If You Are
- Allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)taking other salicylate products
Do Not Use If You Have
- An ulcera bleeding problembloody or black stool
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
Otc - Ask Doctor/Pharmacist
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any drug foranticoagulation (thinning the blood)diabetesgoutarthritis
Otc - When Using
When using this product a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Symptoms get worseringing in the ears or loss of hearing occursdiarrhea lasts more than 2 days
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Adults and children 12 years of age and older: 2 chews (1 dose)repeat dose every 1/2 hour to 1 hour as neededdo not exceed 8 doses in 24 hoursuse until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 dayschildren under 12 years: ask a doctordrink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- Each soft chew contains: total salicylates 99 mgdo not use if carton was opened or if printed foil inner seal under bottle cap is torn or missingstore at room temperature 20º-25º C (68º-77º F)
Calcium carbonate, confectioner’s sugar, corn syrup, corn syrup solids, FD&C red #40 aluminum lake, glycerin, hydrogenated coconut oil, natural masking flavor, soy lecithin, strawberry flavor, sucrose, water
* Please review the disclaimer below.