The product labeling information includes all published material associated to a drug. Product labeling documents include information like generic names, active ingredients, ingredient strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Otc - Purpose
Active ingredient (per 15 mL)PurposesBismuth subsalicylate 262 mgAnti-diarrheal Upset stomach reliever
Indications & Usage
- Uses relievestraveler’s diarrheadiarrheaupset stomach due to overindulgence in food and drink, including:heartburnindigestionnauseagasbelchingfullness
Reye's syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye's syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Do Not Take If You Are
- Allergic to salicylates (including aspirin)taking other salicylate products
Do Not Use If You Have
- An ulcera bleeding problem bloody or black stool
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- A sodium-restricted dietfevermucus in the stool
Otc - Ask Doctor
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking any drug fordiabetes goutarthritis anticoagulation (thinning the blood)
Otc - When Using
When using this product a temporary, but harmless, darkening of the stool and/or tongue may occur
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- Symptoms get worseringing in the ears or loss of hearing occursdiarrhea lasts more than 2 days
Otc - Pregnancy Or Breast Feeding
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Otc - Keep Out Of Reach Of Children
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- Shake well immediately before each useonly use pre-measured dose cupadults and children 12 years of age and older:1 dose (30 mL) every 1/2 hour to 1 hour as needed.do not exceed 8 doses (240 mL) in 24 hoursuse until diarrhea stops but not more than 2 dayschildren under 12 years: ask a doctordrink plenty of clear fluids to help prevent dehydration caused by diarrhea
- Each 15 mL dose cup contains: sodium 9 mg do not use if inner seal is broken or missing store at room temperature 20º-25º C (68º-77º F)
Caramel, carboxymethylcellulose sodium, flavor, FD&C Red No. 40 microcrystalline cellulose, sodium salicylate, sorbic acid, sucrose, water, xanthan gum
* Please review the disclaimer below.