NDC 55910-168 Womens Laxative
Bisacodyl Tablet, Delayed Release Oral
What is NDC 55910-168?
The NDC code 55910-168 is assigned by the FDA to the product Womens Laxative which is a human over the counter drug product labeled by Dolgencorp, Llc. The generic name of Womens Laxative is bisacodyl. The product's dosage form is tablet, delayed release and is administered via oral form. The product is distributed in a single package with assigned NDC code 55910-168-56 1 blister pack in 1 carton / 25 tablet, delayed release in 1 blister pack. This page includes all the important details about this product, including active and inactive ingredients, pharmagologic classes, product uses and characteristics, UNII information, RxNorm crosswalk and the complete product label.
What are the uses for Womens Laxative?
Bisacodyl is used to treat constipation. It may also be used to clean out the intestines before a bowel examination/surgery. Bisacodyl is known as a stimulant laxative. It works by increasing the movement of the intestines, helping the stool to come out.
|Color(s)||PINK (C48328) |
|Shape||ROUND (C48348) |
|Size(s)||6 MM |
NDC Code 55910-168-56
Package Description: 1 BLISTER PACK in 1 CARTON / 25 TABLET, DELAYED RELEASE in 1 BLISTER PACK
What are Womens Laxative Active Ingredients?
- BISACODYL 5 mg/1 - A diphenylmethane stimulant laxative used for the treatment of CONSTIPATION and for bowel evacuation. (From Martindale, The Extra Pharmacopoeia, 30th ed, p871)
Womens Laxative Active Ingredients UNII Codes
- BISACODYL (UNII: 10X0709Y6I)
- DEACETYLBISACODYL (UNII: R09078E41Y) (Active Moiety)
NDC to RxNorm Crosswalk
- RxCUI: 308753 - bisacodyl 5 MG Delayed Release Oral Tablet
- RxCUI: 308753 - bisacodyl 5 MG Enteric Coated Oral Tablet
Womens Laxative Inactive Ingredients UNII Codes
- ACACIA (UNII: 5C5403N26O)
- AMMONIA (UNII: 5138Q19F1X)
- CALCIUM CARBONATE (UNII: H0G9379FGK)
- CARNAUBA WAX (UNII: R12CBM0EIZ)
- SILICON DIOXIDE (UNII: ETJ7Z6XBU4)
- STARCH, CORN (UNII: O8232NY3SJ)
- D&C RED NO. 27 ALUMINUM LAKE (UNII: ZK64F7XSTX)
- FD&C BLUE NO. 2 ALUMINUM LAKE (UNII: 4AQJ3LG584)
- FD&C YELLOW NO. 6 (UNII: H77VEI93A8)
- HYPROMELLOSE, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 3NXW29V3WO)
- FERROSOFERRIC OXIDE (UNII: XM0M87F357)
- ANHYDROUS LACTOSE (UNII: 3SY5LH9PMK)
- MAGNESIUM STEARATE (UNII: 70097M6I30)
- METHYLPARABEN (UNII: A2I8C7HI9T)
- POLYDEXTROSE (UNII: VH2XOU12IE)
- POLYETHYLENE GLYCOL, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: 3WJQ0SDW1A)
- POLYVINYL ACETATE PHTHALATE (UNII: 58QVG85GW3)
- POVIDONE, UNSPECIFIED (UNII: FZ989GH94E)
- PROPYLENE GLYCOL (UNII: 6DC9Q167V3)
- PROPYLPARABEN (UNII: Z8IX2SC1OH)
- SHELLAC (UNII: 46N107B71O)
- DIMETHICONE (UNII: 92RU3N3Y1O)
- WATER (UNII: 059QF0KO0R)
- SODIUM ALGINATE (UNII: C269C4G2ZQ)
- SODIUM BENZOATE (UNII: OJ245FE5EU)
- SODIUM BICARBONATE (UNII: 8MDF5V39QO)
- STEARIC ACID (UNII: 4ELV7Z65AP)
- SUCROSE (UNII: C151H8M554)
- TALC (UNII: 7SEV7J4R1U)
- TITANIUM DIOXIDE (UNII: 15FIX9V2JP)
- TRIACETIN (UNII: XHX3C3X673)
- TRIETHYL CITRATE (UNII: 8Z96QXD6UM)
* Please review the disclaimer below.
Womens Laxative Product Label
FDA filings in the form of structured product labels are documents that include all published material associated whith this product. Product label information includes data like indications and usage generic names, contraindications, active ingredients, strength dosage, routes of administration, appearance, usage, warnings, inactive ingredients, etc.
Product Label Table of Contents
- ACTIVE INGREDIENT (IN EACH TABLET)
- DO NOT USE
- ASK A DOCTOR BEFORE USE IF YOU HAVE
- WHEN USING THIS PRODUCT
- STOP USE AND ASK A DOCTOR IF
- IF PREGNANT OR BREAST-FEEDING,
- KEEP OUT OF REACH OF CHILDREN.
- OTHER INFORMATION
- INACTIVE INGREDIENTS
- QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS?
- PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
Active Ingredient (In Each Tablet)
Bisacodyl USP, 5 mg
- for relief of occasional constipation and irregularity
- this product generally produces bowel movement in 6 to 12 hours
Do Not Use
if you cannot swallow without chewing.
Ask A Doctor Before Use If You Have
- stomach pain, nausea or vomiting
- a sudden change in bowel habits that lasts more than 2 weeks
When Using This Product
- do not chew or crush tablet(s)
- do not use within 1 hour after taking an antacid or milk
- you may have stomach discomfort, faintness and cramps
Stop Use And Ask A Doctor If
- you have rectal bleeding or fail to have a bowel movement after use of a laxative. These could be signs of a serious condition.
- you need to use a laxative for more than 1 week
If Pregnant Or Breast-Feeding,
ask a health professional before use.
Keep Out Of Reach Of Children.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.
- take with a glass of water
|adults and children|
12 years and over
|take 1 to 3 tablets|
in a single daily dose
|children 6 to under|
|take 1 tablet in a single|
|children under 6 years||ask a doctor|
- TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF OUTER PACKAGE IS OPENED OR BLISTER IS TORN OR BROKEN
- store at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted between 15°-30°C (59°-86°F)
- avoid excessive humidity
- see end flap for expiration date and lot number
acacia, ammonium hydroxide, calcium carbonate, carnauba wax, colloidal anhydrous silica, corn starch, D&C red #27 aluminum lake, FD&C blue #2 aluminum lake, FD&C yellow #6 aluminum lake, hypromellose, iron oxide black, lactose anhydrous, magnesium stearate, methylparaben, polydextrose, polyethylene glycol, polyvinyl acetate phthalate, povidone, propylene glycol, propylparaben, shellac glaze, simethicone, sodium alginate, sodium benzoate, sodium bicarbonate, stearic acid, sucrose, talc, titanium dioxide, triacetin, triethyl citrate
Questions Or Comments?
Principal Display Panel
DG™ | health
of Dulcolax Pink®*
Bisacodyl USP, 5 mg
Gentle, dependable constipation relief
Actual Tablet Size
TAMPER EVIDENT: DO NOT USE IF PACKAGE IS OPENED OR IF BLISTER
UNIT IS TORN, BROKEN OR SHOWS ANY SIGNS OF TAMPERING
*This product is not manufactured or
distributed by Sanofi-Aventis Deutschland
GMBH, owner of the registered trademark
DISTRIBUTED BY OLD EAST MAIN CO.
100 MISSION RIDGE
GOODLETTSVILLE, TN 37072
* Please review the disclaimer below.